Defending your home against 4 burglars is a crime in "Great" Britain.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grandluxe, Sep 2, 2012.

1. LEAPup

LEAPup

#31     Sep 3, 2012
  2. Ah, but of course, you, sir, are a tough guy with massive balls of steel, nay, titanium... My only hope is to bask in your aura of "un-pussiness" :).

#32     Sep 3, 2012
  3. Believe it or not, this happened to me once when I was coming back home really pissed... Would have been nice if the lamp post were padded :).

#33     Sep 3, 2012
  4. You're American, right, pspr?

#34     Sep 3, 2012
  5. LEAPup

LEAPup

He lives in the last real State in America. Texas. God bless Texas!

#35     Sep 3, 2012
  6. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

I would note that only 30 U.S. states have a Castle or Stand Your Ground law. In many U.S. states you are still required to retreat when you home is invaded by criminals; if you shoot the intruders you will be charged and tried by the D.A.

Until North Carolina enacted a Castle Doctrine law on December 1, 2011 there were numerous examples of DA's trying decent homeowners in our state when they shot violent felons invading their homes over the past 40 years. We are fortunate now to have a Castle Doctrine in place that protects homeowners from criminal and civil liability when shooting criminals in their own home.

#36     Sep 3, 2012
  7. 'The householder is the victim here and justice should support them': MP backs homeowner who is held by police after 'burglars' were shot during break-in

By VANESSA ALLEN and REBECCA SEALES
    PUBLISHED: 15:13, 2 September 2012 | UPDATED: 17:02, 3 September 2012

A government minister has issued an impassioned defence of two of his constituents, saying they should not be prosecuted for shooting two suspected burglars who allegedly broke into their remote farm cottage.

International Development Minister Alan Duncan, who is MP for Rutland and Melton, spoke out in support of homeowners Andy Ferrie, 35, and his wife Tracey, 43.

The couple were arrested in the early hours of Sunday after they were disturbed by the break-in at their home in the Welby area of Leicestershire, near Melton Mowbray.
    They are presently being questioned by Leicestershire Police on suspicion of GBH.

It is understood Mr Ferrie grabbed a legally-owned shotgun and fired at two of the four intruders before calling the police himself.

Minister Mr Duncan said the Ferries should not face charges for defending their home.
    'If this is a straightforward case of someone using a shotgun to defend themselves against burglars in the dead of night, then I would hope that the police will prosecute the burglars and not my constituents,' he said.
    'The householder is the victim here and justice should support them and prosecute the burglars.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz25RVC4aor

At least their parliamentary representative has some common sense.

#37     Sep 3, 2012
  8. LEAPup

LEAPup

My State requires one to be in reasonable fear for their life, or their Families life if their home is invaded before deadly force can be used.

When I was working my way through college as a police officer, I used to wink at people when they asked what to do and say, "when I show up, you're gonna tell me the now dead bad guy said he was gonna kill you, right?"

#38     Sep 3, 2012
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

MG - this is the overall issue I have a problem with. If someone breaks into my house, it should be understood that they mean harm. The only one who knows what level of harm they intend is the perp himself, and he's obviously not going to be upfront about it when caught. So rather than assume he's there for midnight tea, I make the assumption he is there to kill me. To be silly enough to say "aw, he's probably just there for the silverware." is taking an awfully large risk.

Therefore, I love Florida rules that allow me to blow the son-of-a-bitch's head off his shoulders.

The court should not have a right to tell me to "go easy" on the criminal because "in all likelihood, he's not there to cause you harm...uh, we think."

I'm not advocating the pursuit of intruders who have left your property (with or without goods) for revenge purposes, I'm simply saying if I hear my alarm go off, and I come out of my bedroom to see a guy with his arms full of my wife's jewels, I'm putting a .40 cal between his eyes.

#39     Sep 4, 2012
  10. walking into a pole while texting,eh?
    Trust me ,no one here is surprised.

#40     Sep 4, 2012