Defending the Wedge Strategy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Teleologist, Nov 23, 2006.

1. stu

stu

So you are saying it would be a stretch to believe an Intelligent Designer could come about from nothing ?

#21     Nov 24, 2006
  2. Only to the faithful, Zeleologist. Is there any better evidence of the faith-based nature of ID than this?

Things appear designed, indeed. Do you believe in ghosts, Z? What about Goblins?

'It appeared to be a ghost to me!!! I think I saw a ghost!!'

lol... no further evidence of failure is necessary. This rambling post from Z is essentially incoherent. Pure assertion and avoidance.

Please post the proof for ID or try again in a few years, Z.

#22     Nov 24, 2006
  3. stu

stu

100% evidence then, an Intelligent Designer could not come about because of any 'theory of ignorant chance'. Things have to have ID.
    So what ID was it that designed the Intelligent Designer?

#23     Nov 24, 2006
  4. Quite a stretch! When considering such heady topics as this, it's all a stretch. It's fairly obvious to me that both arguing parties have elements of the truth. Evolution exists, that is fact. A creator exists in some form. That is fact. I know one will argue that evolution can be proven by science and a creator cannot be proven by science. My argument would be our existence is proof of a creator. Who/what created the creator? Who knows?

#24     Nov 24, 2006
  5. John Dough wrote:
    So, you are going to start referring to me as Z? And this despite the fact that on another thread you said you recognized the difference in style and content between my posts and Z's posts. If you are going to ignore the obvious facts in order to take cheap shots at me then I'm going to ignore you.

#25     Nov 24, 2006
  6. stu

stu

Santa exists in some form. That is fact. Our existence is proof of Santa ...It doesn't say much does it?

#26     Nov 24, 2006
  7. Uhhh, do you know of anyone who suggests that Santa Clause is the designing intelligence behind life itself?

Why is it stu, that whenever an intelligence that could have created life is discussed, you always bring forth St. Nick?

#27     Nov 24, 2006
  8. Maybe I'm wrong, but it sounds like you're mad at the creator. Are you disappointed that our creator doesn't behave like Santa? Too many believers, former believers, and outright non-believers get mad when their personal wish list doesn't come to be. Their rebellion is then to deny the existance of the creator.

#28     Nov 24, 2006
  9. "So what ID was it that designed the Intelligent Designer?"

Doesn't matter as far as the topic goes, now does it stu?

After all, the issue is not the "creator" of ID, but ID vs. non ID.

Try again stu...

#29     Nov 24, 2006
  10. Oh my God... does anyone take these people seriously??

What unbelievable hypocrisy, pretending that the word Intelligent in ID does not refer to a creator. Even after the ID manifesto was published and the posted here.

This is pure ZZZzzzzzzz.

These people are selling out their own beliefs to score a debating point. Shows you what those beliefs are worth.

#30     Nov 24, 2006