Defending student loans and the American education system.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by jueco2005, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Thank you

#21     Jun 14, 2010
  2. i just thought that it might be possible that you had switched to being a commie after coming to US. that could have explained your troubles getting a job here.

#22     Jun 14, 2010
  3. I case you have not noticed we are still defining "costs" and "benefits". That is the whole science of accounting and real economics.

Welcome on board.

#23     Jun 14, 2010
  4. If you kindly pay for my ticket and yours I will take u to Cuba and show you everything.

I just wonder.........if Cuba is much of a paradise why do 2 million Cubans live abroad, if Cuba is a free country why do Cubans leave in rafts even with babies.

You do the math please.

#24     Jun 14, 2010
  5. LOL.

#25     Jun 14, 2010
  6. Tauvros

Tauvros

jeuco = loser....defaulting on a measly 12k in credit card debt.....

Stop paying credit cards. Give yourself a bailout!!
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=158796

Sounds like your problems have just begun....no one likes a deadbeat.

#26     Jun 14, 2010
  7. Your credit report can affect employment. Many employers do credit checks.

#27     Jun 14, 2010
  8. If you can't pay for the costs, the benefits are irrelevant.

I re-iterate my position - *I* would not hire you.

In all sincerity -- best of luck, hope it works out for you.

#28     Jun 14, 2010
  9. aegis

aegis

You have $100k in school loan debt? I'm having a tough time understanding how this is possible assuming you attended a state school, especially in the southeast where tuition rates are reasonable.

I have a friend who attended a state university in Florida and didn't even work part-time while in college. He has a masters (in accounting) and only $30k in school loan debt, which is quite manageable. You should have pursued a masters in accounting rather than an MBA. Now that you're in this situation, I don't suggest you pursue another degree. You're better off earning accounting credits through LSU's undergrad accounting certificate program (http://is.lsu.edu/ACCTCertificateProg.asp?nid=103&Level=CO&Online=1)

Total tuition is about $2k and the courses are completed through correspondence. They're fully AACSB accredited and include most of the courses required to sit for the CPA exam in several states.

Note, you don't need an accounting degree to become a CPA. You only need the accounting credits.

#29     Jun 14, 2010
  10. That's is possible, trust me. I know people like your friend, but I know even more people who dont have a degree and try to make a loser of guys like me.

Thank you for your advices. I am doing the credits to sit for the CPA. In the long run I will have two masters degree plus the CPA license. That would make me a HUGE asset to be a CFO.

One more time thank you.

#30     Jun 14, 2010