Defeating the Robots

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PAPA ROACH, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Any of you guys know much about the headline reading robots that run some of these algo's? We are in such an interesting time as far as the European mess and trading huge volatility from headline to headline. I personally don't know much about the machines, however I had an idea on how to put a big dent in their game and raise more concern from regulators on them. I posted this on zerohedge-

You what would be fucking hilarious? You have your fat fingered trades, you have your rogue traders........have we ever seen a rogue reporter at Reuters or Bloomberg?

Since these robots ingest the headlines, how about a rogue reporter feeding bogus headlines? That could be semi-black swannish eh? The possibilities of bullshit are limitless.

I am no techie, but one of these hacker groups could get into the system the generates the headlines, no? That could put a nice dent in the whole robitic headline reading trading algo world...........one could only dream.

Anyone know a good hacker? :D All it takes is planting the idea in the right mind.

2. something like this-

GERMANY AND FRANCE TO LEAVE EUROZONE IMMEDIATELY