DEF: Ihope you got a bonus

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by taodr, Jan 6, 2003.

1. taodr

taodr

DEF: I hope you got a bonus from IB, a big fat one . You are always of help to IB traders and you deserve thanks.

2. Ninja

Ninja

Yes, he definitely deserves it!

By the way, here you can reach the people who are responsible for his bonus: ibmgmt@interactivebrokers.com

3. def

def Sponsor

LOL, thanks.
    i've been with the firm a long time - i've no complaints.

4. Babak

Babak

I second that! def, if I'm ever in HK the drinks are on me! :)

5. chisel

chisel

AGREE 100%

6. sammybea

sammybea

as much as customer service sucks at ib, def is the only reason why ib gets my commish. They lose him, they will lose me as a customer.

7. what I do not understand is how he finds time
    for his friends and family after answering the
    majority of our posts at all hours !

:)

8. TGregg

TGregg

I would say he DEFinately deserves a big fat bonus. Thanks a bunch for all your help, def!

9. BigEd

BigEd

I ABSOLUTELY agree that DEF is a major reason IB does so well.

'Cause it aint customer "NO" service....

Read on...This is an email exchange for your information...There was also a very un-eventful chat in-between that you could probably figure out...

In summary...The typical "Customer No Service" response to a customer who has spent thousands with them on commissions ( not to mention enduring the numerous losses due to tanked trades during "outages")....I wonder if they are having a tougher time financially than we thought.....Also note the laughable email address....

> Sent: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 4:44 PM
    > To: 'help@interactivebrokers.com'
    > Subject: RE: Bounce Check -
    >
    > Dear Ray.
    >
    > I hope you guys make wonderful profits on the 25.00 NSF charge, especially since we both know it costs you less than 5.00 and it was through no fault of the customer - who, by the way...is me.
    >
    > It's no customer service policies like yours that keep businesses from reaching their potential. It is definitely not your strong suit. Check out the message boards around the trading community for verification.
    >
    > Yes, Interactive Brokers is cheap. But, I suppose you get what you pay for. In any event, enjoy the 25.00 while hiding behind your "policy". I'll feel free to pass this on so it can be added the ever longer list of "no customer service" events and policies at Interactive Brokers.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > (removed), Gen Manager, DT Ventures, LLC
    >
    >
    > -----Original Message-----
    > Sent: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 3:09 PM
    > To: (removed)
    >
    > Dear DT Ventures,
    >
    > The bounced check fee cannot be reversed.
    >
    > Sincerely,
    >
    > Ray
    > IB Funds & Banking
    > Department
    >
    >

> To: help@interactivebrokers.com
    > cc: (bcc: Help/Interactivebrokers)
    >
    >
    >
    > Please see the attached email from my previous broker.
    > Please re-consider the returned check fee on my account in this case.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >(removed)
    > General Manager
    > DT Ventures, LLC
    >
    > -----Original Message-----
    help@interactivebrokers.com
    > Sent: Thursday, December 26, 2002 10:57 AM
    > Subject: Bounce Check -
    >
    > INTERACTIVE BROKERS LLC
    > One Pickwick Plaza
    > Greenwich, CT 06830
    >
    > 12/26/02
    > Dear Dt Ventures:
    >
    > On 12/26/02 Citibank returned check #1002 dated 12/12/02, payable through Bank of America for $25,000 that you presented to Interactive Brokers for deposit. Citibank New York returned this check for the reason of insufficent funds. Accordingly, a $25.00 bounced check fee was charged towards your IB account.
    >
    > We value you as a customer. If you have already taken action related to this matter, thank you for your prompt attention. If not, please advise us of your intentions and, in any event, please send us an e-mail explaining the circumstances with respect to this check.
    >
    > Sincerely,
    >
    > Sharon
    > IB Customer Service
    >
    clientsupporteast@cybertrader.com
    > Subject: NSF Check
    > Dear (removed)
    >
    > I would like to begin by thanking you for your business and patience in this matter. I am writing you in regards to a check that you wrote from your CyberTrader account in the amount of $7873.72. I will discuss the events surrounding the bouncing of this check.
    >
    > You called into CyberTrader, Inc. in December to request your account's available equity. In that conversation, you were told by one of our representatives that the options in your account had no net effect on the equity in your account and thus gave you an excess equity figure. Based on the figure provided, you wrote a check for those funds.
    >
    > Unfortunately, we found that the options in your account actually did consume some of that "excess equity," which caused the check to bounce. At CyberTrader, Inc. we pride ourselves on providing accurate and timely service to our clients. Thus, we truly regret any inconvenience that this incident may have caused you. If you have any questions, please contact us immediately.
    >
    > Sincerely,
    > Khalil Saman
    > Team Manager
    > Client Services, East Division
    > 1-888-762-9237
    > International: 512-320-5444

10. taodr

taodr

Cyber should really refund you the $25-00. It was their mistake. But IB really is somewhat stubborn.

#10     Jan 8, 2003