@Def: IB, Excel, Conditional Orders

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Merkur, Jan 16, 2002.

1. def

def Sponsor

sending you a PM (basically asking if I can get an example of the code to pass to a programmer)

#21     Feb 7, 2002
  2. Merkur

Merkur

@Def

I used only the "add" button too.

I emailed a detailed example to tac@interactivebrokers.com a week ago, but no answer up to now.

And the main thing I am disappointed now:

IB releases the active-x control, which could solve the problem, but the sample spreadsheet for this does not contain the conditional-orders page anymore. Why that?

regards
    Merkur

#22     Feb 8, 2002
  3. Volunteer

Volunteer

What's the benefit of using Excel/ActiveX vs. Excel/DDE?

#23     Feb 8, 2002
  4. def

def Sponsor

the others can answer better than me but from what i understand DDE from microsoft has stability issues and is no longer upgraded or supported by msft. ActiveX replaced DDE and is more stable and reliable.

#24     Feb 8, 2002
  5. flavia999

flavia999

Did anybody got an answer from IB concerning these multiple triggered conditional orders in Excel?

#25     Feb 20, 2002
  6. def

def Sponsor

there was a bug that occured when programmer A's code met with programmer B's. I think the latest release should solve the problem.

#26     Feb 20, 2002
  7. Merkur

Merkur

I am sorry def, but the problem is still not solved. I have tested it some minutes ago again with the newest TWS (753.4) and the actual Sample- Spreadsheet for DDE.

And the funny thing is: In the sample-spreadsheet for active-x there is no more a page for conditional orders. Is this the way of IB to eliminate problems?

regards
    Merkur

#27     Feb 20, 2002
  8. Merkur

Merkur

I deleted the excel folder and took the install file for active-x, dde etc.(not the upgrade-file).

Now I have a new spreadsheet for DDE, and this one finally works, great! So the problem of multiple orders is really solved, I can't believe. ;)

Thx Def for your support.

regards
    Merkur

#28     Feb 20, 2002
  9. flavia999

flavia999

great job :)

#29     Feb 20, 2002
  10. def

def Sponsor

merkur,

a convenient way to solve a problem, don't give us any ideas:D