def censored...that sucks ..post your opinion

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Cdntrader, Mar 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron

Baron ET Founder

If anybody has a new/better policy for advertisers and regular members alike that they think is better than one currently in place, give me a call, I would love to hear your thoughts.

407-230-9956

#41     Mar 4, 2002
  2. Eldredge

Eldredge

Well said.

#42     Mar 4, 2002
  3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Great Idea!

#43     Mar 4, 2002
  4. Biomech

Biomech

I don't think the details of the policies matter too much. The key is there should not be a different policy for advertisers and members.

#44     Mar 4, 2002
  5. dozu888

dozu888

just wonna thank def for all the great info he posted and personally responded to me during the past months!

#45     Mar 4, 2002
  6. Hitman

Hitman

If you sort the number of views per thread, you will see that my trading journals finished 5 out of top 10. The other 5 threads are either flame wars (chat room vendors for example) or ones that have been running for many months (Don's Open Journals).

The reason that up until now Baron have not touched me is simply because, well, he knows that my trading journals, whether people consider it quality content or not, are the most consistent traffic producer and possibly the biggest draws to his board. That is a fact.

While Worldco has yet to pay advertiser fees (I am forwarding the traffic stats / fee structure of this site to Walter tommorrow), I would like to say I have contributed greatly to the success of Baron's operation, and brought more traffic to this board than Gene, Def, Don Bright combined, over the past six months. That's a fact.

On the other hand, I would have not got the same progress, recruiting wise, without this board, as a matter of fact, without getting to know STOCKKBROKER through this board and the eventual 5 men squad that came with him, I don't know if Walter would have made me a manager.

It is obvious in both me and Baron's interests to work together as a team, as we definitely benefit more from working with eachother than going against eachother. Let's face it, there are few good message boards with people who are truly interested in trading away from ET, and there are few quality content on this board that can compare to someone's blow by blow trading journals (others have tried to emulate it but failed, but I have not missed a single entry since I started), that is only going to get better as he becomes more experienced at trading himself.

Hence unless Walter feel that it is worthwhile to pay a few grand a month to advertise on this board (he has to afterall, consider the fact that I have already created serious exposure for our firm here and made sure that everyone who read my journals know about Worldco), I will switch to the softcore mode.

You will definitely see less participation on the Worldco thread, but you will definitely see subtle hints from my trading journals. It is a fair trade-off I suppose.

#46     Mar 4, 2002
  7. Baron

Baron ET Founder

If regular members have the same priviledges that advertisers have, then there would be no incentive to advertise. All a firm would need to do is register on the site and start soliciting members at will.

#47     Mar 4, 2002

8. There's something really amusing about the owner of a message board asking people to phone him for discussions.

#48     Mar 4, 2002
  9. baron:
    please do not censor anybody, why should somebody who's trying to make a buck for his company be censored, remember this is a forum about making a buck!
    def and everybody including nicholas segrue a.k.a. "little nicky" should be allowed to post whatever they want, this is a free country!!!
    in fact, from def's posts i decided not to go with IB and IB's refusal to sponsor elitetrader shows that they are just a 2nd rate cheap company, so why make them look like victims?...
    so what if they are trying to use this forum as a customer service q/a? that looks so cheap and it is so denigrant to their firm, that paying sponsors should be happy with that.
    if tradestation, esignal want to start threads, great, nobody is pointing a gun to my head to read those threads. likewise, no matter how much money sponsors give to elitetrader, everybody knows who are the snake oil salesmen..:D

#49     Mar 4, 2002
  10. I disagree. Within the community posting as well as marketing messages/advertising compliment one another. Personally I don't understand why IB doesn't advertise because I think it would lead to only more biz. But perhaps they have some good reasons for not advertising.

#50     Mar 4, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.