def censored...that sucks ..post your opinion

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Cdntrader, Mar 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agent99

agent99

Baron, what does it cost to be a sponsor, and what do you get for that privilege?

#31     Mar 4, 2002

2. I think you are being shortsighted. At the current rate of growth in membership you will have tons of advertisers in a 6 mths to a year. Killing the golden goose now is a mistake I believe you will regret. Albeit it's your mistake to make;)

#32     Mar 4, 2002

3. My apologies to Gene. I should have at least done some basic research before posting. Oops:(

#33     Mar 4, 2002
  4. Baron,

You brought up a good point. If def was censored, Hitman must be on the list too. He is out there blatantly promoting Worldco, and they do not advertise. Is he slated to be censored soon?

#34     Mar 4, 2002
  5. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Absolutely. His trading journal threads were great until he became a manager and started using his threads as a recruitment platform. I have received many, many complaints about that recently from other members.

#35     Mar 4, 2002
  6. This def thing is tough because def was not promoting, like some of the book and chatroom vendors have shamelessly done. Def was a bigger help to members, at least those who were IB users, than anyone who has ever posted here. Yes, it was kind of a back channel tech support, but that attracted an awful lot of members.

Perhaps I'm naive, but I find it troubling that different rules apply to advertisers than regular posters. I realize this is not the Wall Street Journal, and accepted rules of journalistic integrity do not apply. Still, you create a dangerous precedent when advertisers can use the boards to promote relentlessly, factual criticism is censured and nonadvertisers are booted if they become too popular. The irony is that a loss of stnadards adversely affects even those who are favored. From now on, I will be skeptical of Nassar, TerraNova, Bright, Weissman and others who appear to be protected from criticism.

#36     Mar 4, 2002
  7. Catoosa

Catoosa

With respect to Def: I would think IB or IB's competition would be the only ones who could have a reason to not want Def to post.

Catoosa

#37     Mar 4, 2002
  8. mskl

mskl

simple solution. Just email Def with your concerns. He always replies.

Elitetrader will simply miss out. Instead of posts on Elitetrader, they will simply end up, directly in Def's mailbox.

Twelve out of the thirteen most active threads have been about IB. The other thread was BS (letsgotrade)

Good luck to you Baron...............

you're going to need it!!!!

are your sponsors dumb enough to believe that IB traders will simply flock to their inferior products/services?????

#38     Mar 4, 2002

9. Exactly. And therefore..should we not AVOID ET advertisers ??

#39     Mar 4, 2002
  10. agent99

agent99

"Perhaps I'm naive, but I find it troubling that different rules apply to advertisers than regular posters. I realize this is not the Wall Street Journal, and accepted rules of journalistic integrity do not apply. Still, you create a dangerous precedent when advertisers can use the boards to promote relentlessly, factual criticism is censured and nonadvertisers are booted if they become too popular. The irony is that a loss of stnadards adversely affects even those who are favored. From now on, I will be skeptical of Nassar, TerraNova, Bright, Weissman and others who appear to be protected from criticism."

Excellent post. I couldn't agree more.

#40     Mar 4, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.