def censored...that sucks ..post your opinion

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Cdntrader, Mar 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am guessing that DEF has been asked to stop posting on behalf of IB, because IB is not an advertiser/sponsor on this board. If this is the case, and I repeat, I am only guessing, then any other members who represent their company here, and who do not sponsor this board, should also be considered for banishment. This includes Hitman (for Worldco), Gene Weisman (not sure if he is an advertiser) etc...This is not a personal attack on either of these people, it is just an example. They both positively contribute far more than their fair share.

If this banishment has been caused by the complaints of a sponsor, then it is their loss. IB caters to a lot of newbies who cut their teeth using the low commissions that IB offers. By alienating this audience you may be losing potential clients.

#11     Mar 4, 2002
  2. agent99

agent99

I added a post to the IB Improvements (Part 2) thread mentioning that Def was now being censored. Funny thing. Barron closed that thread and my post is now gone right after it was added. Coincidence?

#12     Mar 4, 2002
  3. "Could the reason that one is censored and one is not be due to the fact that one pays to advertise as well? "

It's more about censoring those who are critical of the advertisers. I have had many posts deleted.

#13     Mar 4, 2002
  4. If this is true, it is time to find an ALTERNATIVE to this board. FAST. I hate censorship if it's motivated this way.

Barron's sponsors should rather put their time into improving their own companies' performances instead of trying to avoid competition like this.

This sucks BIG TIME.

W.

#14     Mar 4, 2002
  5. enews123

enews123

What happened? Was Def censored by the board or just IB
    don't want him to be the spokeperson?

He has been pretty positive in contributing to the board. I can't see any reason(economic/personal) to censor him.

#15     Mar 4, 2002
  6. yeah, if you make over 800 posts in 4 months, you've got some serious issues....there are people on here who've been around twice as long and who've made half as many posts
    just did some quick research:
    one firm owner joined this board Nov 2001 , made 820+posts
    another joined august 2000 and only made 210+posts

#16     Mar 4, 2002
  7. Yoda

Yoda

You know, I did get to see that post.... Baron is not telling the truth here:

Baron

03-04-02 03:08 PM

This thread is being closed because of the long length. To continue discussing this topic, somebody should start a new thread called IB Improvements (Part 3) or something like that."

I assume this will be deleted as well, oh, well....

Bob

#17     Mar 4, 2002
  8. erh

erh

Is there any way we can determine who is doing the censoring?

#18     Mar 4, 2002
  9. Please be advised: Members of elitetrader.com should now read The Communist Manifesto before making their first post. Members are also encouraged to burn The Wealth of Nations.

#19     Mar 4, 2002
  10. ddefina

ddefina

I think it's fair to limit commercial exploitation of the board, but it should be done across the board. There are several who don't advertise but use this forum regularly and should be censored as well. Kind of like the "Axis of Evil" not including China.

Without the paid advertisers, this board wouldn't exist so somehow a happy medium has to be reached. The advertisers have to remember that with no audience the ads are worthless as well.

#20     Mar 4, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.