def censored...that sucks ..post your opinion

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Cdntrader, Mar 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. def1

03-03-02 11:08 PM

I have been asked not to post and will only respond to inaccurate facts. For now, I will not respond to general questions....

2. agent99

agent99

Seems like ALOT alot of censorship happening on elitetrader between the silly attempt to silence def (who by his helpfulness has no doubt caused increased traffic to elitetrader) and the removal of the posts surrounding Don Bright at the trader expo.

If def can't post here, hopefully he will move to the Yahoo board or somewhere else. And all of the posters will no doubt follow.

Censorship will ultimately not prevail. Traders will vote with their feet.

3. jsmith

jsmith

Cdntrader,

When and why was def censored?
    Why don't you start a poll with this thread
    if people think he should be censored?

4. nkhoi

nkhoi

who is def1, can you post link to his post, thnk

5. I, for one, would like it to be noted that the IB coverage, in large part, is what drew my attention to ET.

If Baron has made a personal decision to reduce commercialization in the threads, that's one thing. It's quite another, IMHO, if the deletion of threads and censorship of certain individuals are the result of pressure from ET sponsors. In the latter case, those sponsors should be ashamed.

6. just21

just21

def has been very helpful and was the reason I joined elitetrader. I hope he posts on silicon investor on the ib thread or on groups.yahoo.com ibusers thread. Thread quality seems to be deminishing here.

7. i agree on thread quality...what are some other good boards?
    i'm pretty much checking out SI...yahoo, and have my homepage where I'll be posting my stuff(no vendors!) but it doesn't have a message board. is there a way to add a message board to a geocities homepage?

8. What a terrible idea. Another message board down the tubes?

9. Please PM us, and tell us where your voice isn't being censored.

10. I like def's input, he always seemed informative and from what I saw usually only answered people's questions.

I don't want to name names, but there is a relatively new very fanatic poster that really needs to be censored, I'm sure I don't have to name any names for everyone to know which annoying poster pops up in almost every thread imaginable spouting off promoting his co. I say we bring def back and censore someone else in his place. At least def looked to be very informative and not a predator looking for traders like someone else we know.

Could the reason that one is censored and one is not be due to the fact that one pays to advertise as well?

def - Has IB ever thought about becoming a sponsor of the site? I would imagine that IB has received a good benefit from Elite, it would probably be worth it for you if Baron to got something for his hard work of creating and maintaining the site?

All of this is my humble opinion only.

#10     Mar 4, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.