Deepwater Drilling Ban Lifted by New Orleans Federal Judge

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Banjo, Jun 22, 2010.

1. da-net

da-net

I apologize if I have offended you in some way! I believe questions are important especially when they have or may have relevance. They may help others to think about an idea.

With all due respect, IF you do not want to read any more questions that I will likely post, click on my name and add it your your ignore list...that way I can not offend you any more since you will not see my posts.

Good trading!

#11     Jun 22, 2010
  2. Gangster judge is invested in 5 different oil companies. Oil is too
    far in with government to be trusted to be responsible for its
    actions ...and inspections. If they could they'd probably try to get taxpayers to bail their asses out too, for their special brand of freedom.

#12     Jun 22, 2010
  3. Obama will win in the end,just watch

#13     Jun 22, 2010
  4. Shocker: Judge Who Blocked Drilling Moratorium Has Massive Holdings in Energy Companies

http://blogs.alternet.org/speakeasy...iam-has-massive-holdings-in-energy-companies/

here’s a list, compiled by Think Progress, of Judge Feldman’s holdings in various oil-related enterprises:

Like many judges presiding in the Gulf region, Feldman owns lots of energy stocks, including Transocean, Halliburton, and two of BP’s largest U.S. private shareholders — BlackRock (7.1%) and JP Morgan Chase (28.3%). Here’s a list of Feldman’s income in 2008 (amounts listed unless under $1,000):

BlackRock ($12000- $36000)
    Ocean Energy ($1000 – $2500)
    NGP Capital Resources ($1000 – $2500)
    Quicksilver Resources ($5000 – $15000)
    Hercules Offshore ($6000 – $17500)
    Provident Energy
    Peabody Energy
    PenGrowth Energy
    RPC Inc
    Atlas Energy Resources
    Parker Drilling
    TXCO Resources
    EV Energy Partners
    Rowan Companies
    BPZ Resources
    El Paso Corp
    KBR Inc
    Chesapeake Energy
    ATP Oil & Gas

#14     Jun 23, 2010
  5. An honorable man would recuse himself from the case due to conflict of interest

#15     Jun 23, 2010
  6. Think I'll rent Catch 22 and watch it again. Some of you might understand.

#16     Jun 23, 2010
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

...and to keep Big Ears Barry from looking like a fool.

#17     Jun 23, 2010
  8. Once again radical leftists miss the point of the ruling. The president does not have the authority to pull every permit from every driller. BP, yes. All the rest, no. You don't close down every fast food chain just because one has cockroaches. We don't ground all aircraft just because one company has issues. Simple enough to figure out, unless your agenda is to nationalize every company under the sun.

#18     Jun 23, 2010
  9. Shocker: Judge Who Blocked Drilling Moratorium Has Massive Holdings in Energy Companies

--------------

I'm more comfortable with a judge as an investor than with a politician accepting contributions from energy companies.

#19     Jun 23, 2010