Deep discounts through Dorman

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by tiddlywinks, Oct 6, 2013.

1. pfranz

pfranz

There is another aspect with CQG which can influence your latency a lot: their policy in assigning servers to customers (this is independent of the platform you use with CQG).
    They have many servers around the world, and for each customer they store a preferred server location for order submission and/or a preferred server location for market data. This means that when connecting, you will access one of the servers in the location you chose (e.g. London) unless there are particular issues with CQG network.
    It's the FCM (under your request) who tells CQG which location to set for every customer, but while the market data preferred location is totally free, the order submission preferred location is not and depends on the kind of setup the FCM has with CQG.
    If servers are far from both you and the market you trade,you will have an horrible latency.
    While most FCM can set order submission location to London, some (e.g. AMP Clearing) can not. So,if you are European and trade Eurex, will get a bad latency, as your order submission will go from Europe to USA then back to Europe, and confirmation will have the same reverse path.
    So you should double check with both CQG and your FCM which are your preferred locations, and set them where you want (if needed and possible), as I found that most FCMs and IBs don't know about this issue.

#11     Oct 8, 2013
  2. me1969

me1969

#12     Oct 8, 2013
  3. volente_00

volente_00

#13     Oct 8, 2013