Deep discount Brokers for UK Customers

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Javidk, Apr 28, 2006.

1. Javidk

Javidk

Guys & Gals-

Have any of you recently tried to open an account with TDAmeritrade?

I did this last week and they told me they do not open accounts for UK customers.

I was a little shocked, as a few of my friends have accounts with them. So I asked them and they said the same thing. they could not open new accounts with them. lol If this is an improvement after buying TD Waterhouse, I'm not impressed. I don't want to start a thread to bash TDAmeritrade - so feel free to send me a private email if you've had the same experience.

I would welcome any suggestion of other deep discount Brokers in the US or outside that I could apply to. They should offer trades for less than $10, fast execution and would prefer not to pay platform fees if I can avoid it.

I have searched the following so far :-
    TDAmeritrade = Not taking new customers from the UK.
    Scottrade = Not open to UK customers.
    MBTrading = Not open to UK customers

If you have any ideas other than IB I would be interested to learn of them.

Many thanks to all of you for taking the time to read this message

Jav.

2. what's wrong with ib[?]
    overall is still da best broker there is for universal mkt access, yeah, some bugs'n'maybe a few problems but keep in mind u hear 'bout 'em cuz they here on this board'n'get much more attention than any other broker.
    that said am pretty happy with 'em'n' had very few complaints that anyway have all been resolved.
    try 'em out, u'll be surprised how sleek'n'good they are.

edit; am a uk costumer meself

3. yep, you got Interactive Brokers, TradeStation, Man Financial, GNI Touch... no shortage of big brokers available to us here in the UK.