Dedicated Trading Station

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by 1flyfisher, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Vas62

Vas62

"The files, said Dunn, are related to the XP and Vista versions of Windows Update (WU) itself."

There was enough of the buzz about it already and those XP and VIsta managers already posted a lot of apologies about it and promised to do something about it.
    Actual operating system files werent updated during that stealth operation.
    Only WU itself.

#21     Sep 26, 2007
  2. If you are really that paranoid...
    And your trading business has real value...
    Then you would just get a dedicated line...
    ISDN or other cuirciut...
    Cost $200/month and up...
    And your security problems are over.

64K circuit plenty for even 1000s of orders/day.

Big deal.

#22     Oct 6, 2007
  3. Just get a private t1 line directly to ur broker.

#23     Oct 6, 2007
  4. joemiami

joemiami Guest

I use my home built desk top(4 monitor) pc with a T1 line for trading only. With hackers and wannabe hackers trying to use all avenues(including IM messengers...Yahoo Im for example) to spread their terror, its just makes no sense to risk a trading error or system breach bcuz of net surfing, use of IM messengers, downloading of files like p2p music, video, myspace crap, etc that can infect ur pc. Save all that "fun stuff" for a another computer like a good laptop for around 700-1000 bucks...depending on the features you want. About 3 months ago i was using my "for fun" laptop and i glanced at what looked like a "normal" myspace personal page...then within 5 sec..i noticed the myspace page was downloading some malware/adware program that had my laptop acting like it was going into siezures! Took me all FU%&^% ing day to get rid of it!! But since it was my "fun" computer I was still able to trade that day with my dedicated trading pc. Take it from my experience.. if you can, have a separate computer for trading, and another pc( like a laptop) for surfing, IMing, and other "pass the time" internet monkeying around.

#24     Oct 6, 2007
  5. Bob111

Bob111

#25     Oct 6, 2007