Dedicated Cable or Frame Relay for Inet?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ssblack, Aug 30, 2006.

1. ssblack

ssblack

Hi all,

Many thanks for the help in previous posts here.

I'm now focused on the internet connection. I currently have RoadRunner residential and my ping times are ridiculous - roughly 250m/s on average. But my browsing speed and all that are fine, it's just not fast enough for my automated scalper systems.

So I'm going to either upgrade to their Dedicated Biz Class Cable, or do a Frame Relay which I just heard about and am beginning to research. I don't have the need just yet for a full-scale T1 and it just wouldn't be practical at the moment right now.

Basic differences that I can find so far are:

Biz Class - about half the cost with same guaranteed uptime with a dedicated line (i think?).

Frame Relay - as close to T1 with bursts of better connectivity which may especially help me as my trading is done during the overnight hours in FX, where most networks around here would be much less busy. About double the cost of Biz Class cable.

Any input is appreciated!

2. Have you tried business class SDSL line? They are about $100-$250 a month (much cheaper then a frac t1). I have been able to see ping times as low as 22ms.

CajunSniper / Puretick Administrator-Trader