DecisionBar by Les Schwartz- any reviews?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by doctoroe, Aug 10, 2008.

1. ram

ram

Thanks for the review, mtrader. By any chance were you able to compare Decision Bar with Trendline. I received some promotion on these products a while back and I believe Les Schwartz recommends Decision Bar for short term trading.

#11     Dec 1, 2008
  2. No. I've not tried the Decision Bar software, but my understanding is the same - it works off of S&R short term.

Good Luck in trading!

BTW sorry I referred to jem as Gem, I stand corrected.

#12     Dec 1, 2008
  3. rglim63,

did you get my email sent this morning dec1 re:settings?

#13     Dec 1, 2008
  4. pclark

pclark

Decision Bar works of S and R and does what they say it will but it also gives false positives. You have to make the choice when and when not to take the trade. It is a tool like anything else.

#14     Dec 1, 2008
  5. Thanks pclark for your review. Trendline, by Decision bar, is the same as you still need to decide when to take trades using their filters which work well when DISCIPLINED. Discipline, perhaps the biggest killer of aspiring futures traders.

Regards

#15     Dec 1, 2008
  6. boid-dog

boid-dog

I traded a kind of hodge podge today of my own making...using ES 3 min and 233 tick for entry. Only used Market Profile for levels and location...today's profile next to the last few merged days for levels... First low I had was 52 which worked well (not all this precise). Once we broke 56 I had the confidence to give it some room. Book and T&S are only other basic elements.

I know former floor traders who either use levels only or maybe a five minute chart. The most successful I've seen trade uses levels--they are routinely sold/handed out on the floor. The biggest trader who I know anything about uses no charts. One screen filled with TT doms.

You're right with PLT there is tweaking... but you are never going to be successful unless you can adapt, even intraday. There are some numbers that are routinely faded. Sometimes I have to lose a couple trades before I realize we've paused. Then I trade the range or wait for a b/o.

I still like the guidance of an indicator...though that's what is probably holding me back from being a better trader.

#16     Dec 1, 2008
  7. ram

ram

mtrader47, please check your PMs.

#17     Dec 2, 2008
  8. clacy

clacy

Quit bumping the threads with these "check your PM" posts in order to gain higher visibility to your shilling.

#18     Dec 2, 2008
  9. traderBBB

traderBBB

If your thinking about pulselinetrader
    read pfginfo.blogspot.com first.
    Just a thought.

#19     Jan 21, 2009
  10. traderBBB

traderBBB

#20     Jan 21, 2009