Deciding on a Backtesting and Trading Platform

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Gyles, Nov 5, 2007.

1. kevin107

kevin107

Gyles,

Do any of the programs you have evaluated have the ability to backtest using OHLC of constant volume bars?

#21     Nov 14, 2007
  2. Gyles

Gyles

I had a look at the same and found it interesting.

Moreover, I sincerely wished to do the review, but was unable to do so as I do not have any response regarding the demo. I had send emails to the support and till date, no answer has come.

Thus, I feel that for price of $3000.00 upgrade and $10,000 and the product, and not getting any response to my email inquiries, makes me wonder as to how I can trust their support or support and why should I buy from them?

#22     Nov 14, 2007
  3. I would love to see an unbiased review of Mechanica (formerly known as Trading Recipes).

Anyone?

#23     Nov 15, 2007
  4. Gyles

Gyles

Sincere thanks, lindq for your inputs; please post your opinions regarding the above software for the benefit of the Elite Trader Forum.

#24     Nov 18, 2007
  5. chartie

chartie

Hi Gyles,

Thank you for sharing your evaluations with us. I’m looking forward to reading more reviews from you and other ET’ers.

Here's according to this week’s BARRON’S -

“COMING SOON TO FIDELITY'S SITE: a way to backtest a stock-trading strategy free of charge -- even for non-customers. This perk will be available after the first of the year, in conjunction with the release of Fidelity's super-charged testing program, Wealth-Lab Pro, aimed at frequent traders. We'll be reporting on both tools later.”

Guess this might keep you busy ... :)

#25     Nov 18, 2007
  6. #26     Nov 28, 2007
  7. Gyles

Gyles

Greetings everyone, I am sincerely sorry for the break as I was busy with some family issues. Anyway, I am back now as shall start again from where we left off.

Sincere thanks chartie, for your information regarding "FIDELITY'S SITE". Hope they are providing a demo for the same so that we can check it out.

As discussed earlier, we were supposed to review the TradersStudio software. I am going to do a Webinar next week with Mr. Murray and review TradersStudio after that.

#27     Nov 28, 2007
  8. lately

lately

This question is for Gyles or Roger Rines:

Do either of you guys have any experience with OpenQuant? If so, could you share your opinion relative to these other strategy development software packages?

#28     Nov 28, 2007
  9. Hi Lately,
    I have no experience with this software.

#29     Nov 28, 2007
  10. Likewise, where's a review of OV5's BackTrader? I'm interested in it, and there was one brief posting about it, but a review would be helpful . . .

#30     Dec 4, 2007