decent free real time quotes?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by John47, Nov 29, 2007.

1. John47

John47

finance.yahoo.com and nyse.com both are slow to show real quotes during the open....anybody have a site that gives ok quotes?

2. Pekelo

Pekelo

Because they are not real time. Right now there is no such a thing what you asked for, although Google has been trying to reach an agreement with the SEC...

3. well john the answer should be...your broker.

4. msn money will give u 50 free real time quotes each day. You just have to register

5. rwk

rwk

There is a realtime option for Yahoo at extra cost.

You can have all the trades with occasional timelag or sampled quotes with minimal lag. But as long as you are using the Internet, you cannot have both. The only way you can get everything with minimal lag is with a dedicated line, which is very expensive.

6. Pekelo

Pekelo

At extra cost ==> not free :)

7. rwk

rwk

My bad... The OP didn't mention "free" in his post, and I missed it in the subject line.

8. hughb

hughb

Don't all brokers give you free real time now? I think they even do it with java and all kinds of flashing, multicolored lights too. How does anybody make a living selling quotes?

9. John47

John47

i have a direct line, but its to the merc. I just want something that won't make me wait an hour after the open to see where my stock is trading. MSN sounds like it might be ok, thanks.