Decent charting software to use with IB

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by davewolfs, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Bestfreecharts is basically the Telechart product - but a backfill is when you request multiple days from the Interactive Brokers API.

#41     Mar 28, 2009
  2. Sierra Chart
    Sierra Chart
    Sierra Chart

:)

It has got so much better now that the chart trading has become drivable from the programming interface!

Cheap. But complete and complex if you need. And Market Profile for those who like it.

But basically cheap and good. IM ever HO.

#42     Mar 28, 2009
  3. thanks...

#43     Mar 28, 2009
  4. Hi droskill,

I put the Z-Score indicator into the current install-package. Please let me know if it works as expected? Also fixed an issue with backfilling the current day on an US system (different time-format than European systems), the property-sheets as replacement for the property-grid to change settings of the charts and a first version of a strategy-report.

If you have any other issues/bugs/wishes - please let me know.

Daniel

#44     Mar 29, 2009
  5. simsim67

simsim67

for daytrading only check: jTWScharts

#45     Mar 29, 2009
  6. droskill,

I put a new version on the net with the first ‘backfill’ feature. It loads the quotes of the last trading day and stores it for further use. One will be backtesting in one of the next releases in the near future.

Did you find any time to check the Z-Score indicator?

Good trades to all,
    Daniel

#46     Apr 2, 2009
  7. Daniel - I did check out - the issue I had with that release was that it crashed on just about everything I did (WinXP here) - I'm happy to keep trying however. Do you have a forum for the software on the site?

#47     Apr 2, 2009
  8. Hi droskill,

Yes I know that one of the last version crashes. I forgot to add a multithreading library to the setup. That was missing on your system then. So the crash happens only on XP systems, not on vista since the MT-library it already part of the system. So that's the reason why? Sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any problems in the future please do not hesitate to contact me, so that I can fix the problem ASAP and other user will run into the same issue. The problem is that I sometimes do not know that there is a problem, because I do not get any message that there is some issue with the setup or the software itself. Another problem is that I have never check TradeProject on an US-system before. So that could be a source for more issues. So please tell me if you find something strange.... I will add a board onto my web in the near future, but unfortunately I do not have a board now. Anyway, you can contact me directly at Droste@TradeProject.de anytime and you can also Skype me at Droste.Tradeproject.

Daniel

#48     Apr 2, 2009