Decent Brokers during High Market Volatility

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by sccz97, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Moe27

Moe27

sorry never had that experience with them. they always treated me good.

#41     Mar 1, 2006
  2. sccz97

sccz97

which is exactly what noone seems to understand. Everyone has a differnet expereince with the same brokers and of course defends his broker as such. If you stop and think for a second why, if noone is lying, differnet traders have differnet experiences with the same broker. I used to have two accounts with ibfx, one used for a particular high volatility strategy and the other for general swing trading. The high vol strategy was extremelty profitable much to the annoyance to ibfx as they probably coudln't hedge themselves in time. This account got flagged and was subjected to certain pricing adjustments. THe other account (so long as I ran it on another pc, read diff ip address) would not experience these pricing adjustments. You could bring up the windows and actually see the individual pricing. I'm rambling now but the point is, if your broker hasn't screwed you over yet, they probably won't if you don't change your trading style ... whether your profitable or not.

#42     Mar 1, 2006
  3. Frege

Frege

I have traded with Saxo Bank in 3 years. Never had problems with them.

#43     Mar 1, 2006
  4. frogy

frogy

CMS has been very slow during high market volatility for me: ten minutes one time to know my fill. They do honor their stop losses well though. I would just never use them again during fundamental announcements.

#44     Mar 1, 2006
  5. Sccz97,

So, you really saw the individual pricing going on with IBFX ?!
    How much pips was the maximum difference between the
    2 feeds ?

#45     Mar 1, 2006
  6. sccz97

sccz97

that's exactly it, stay away when it's likley the broker will itself have a hard time filling a trade of more than 5m and you're good. Only the dodgiest of brokers will try and scam even more off their customers

#46     Mar 1, 2006
  7. sccz97

sccz97

you don't wanna know. I snap all the prices via a custom app and you can see the pricing differences. No doubt ppl will just claim I doctored the prices so I won't bother posting. THe shocking thing is it was a blatant scare tactic. It's not like they just quoted x pips offside as I'd again be able to just arb off that again. The price went an extra pip against me almost every 1-2 seconds until it was almost 20 pips off the normal ibfx price. Seeing as they'd already incread my margin req to 100% it wasn't a huge position so I just let it run until they reset the prices. I must stress, I still use ibfx as the number of crosses available is very attractive. It's such a pain creating synthetic positions.

#47     Mar 1, 2006
  8. Moe27

Moe27

all i can say is wow!! i have 3 account with 3 retail brokers i made the most with ibfx last year. i guess anthing can happen. if you ever get a chance you should ask for a sit down with the ceo and tour there office if you have a large account they will pay for plain ticket and hotel room.

#48     Mar 1, 2006