December Trading Journals

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Hitman, Dec 2, 2001.

1. That was a nice apartment.
    To make 1.5 million, you have to make $4500, everyday 250 days a year trading.

Not an easy feat, but definitely not impossible.
    With your consistency, maybe in another year you will be able to afford it.

Think about it, a young guy with a nice pad.
    You are getting a lot of princesses.

#11     Dec 3, 2001
  2. Vishnu, can I be your princess?

#12     Dec 3, 2001
  3. Hitman

Hitman

Lol, Vishnu, you most definitely hold the legendary status in my book if you own a 4500 square feet penthouse near WTC! I know the view is hardly breath taking now but I would love to own an apartment there if the they give me a size discount. The apartments I looked at in that area are very affordable, (I have seen some really nice studios / 1 bedrooms around 200K), until I saw the maintenance fee, lol, $2000 a month, what is the point of buying it then?

SK:

You forgot taxes, lol. To make 1.5 million cash you have to make 3 million (including 3 year's worth of living expenses as I think even for the best of the best it takes more than one year lol).

I am not looking for anything more than 400K right now, the 1 and 1.5 million apartments were posted to challenge Vishnu's "half decent" comment :)

#13     Dec 3, 2001
  4. Vishnu

Vishnu

If anyone wants to make an offer, be my guest. I hate living near this thing now.

#14     Dec 3, 2001
  5. Magna

Magna Administrator

As this turns more 'n more into an apartment thread, howza bout we return our focus to trading. :)

P.S. Guess we could rename the website Elite Real Estate Trader

#15     Dec 3, 2001
  6. Turok

Turok

Magna, I was sort of enjoying hearing folk other than those of us here in CA complain about the price of housing.

:)

JB

#16     Dec 3, 2001
  7. hitman,

what is maintenance fee, $2000/month is a lot.
    Is it very similar to home owner association fee.

turok,

which part of CA are you in.. i am planning to move to CA, want to hear housing in CA.

#17     Dec 3, 2001
  8. monee

monee

For 1.5 million I want to sliding glass doors that open to the ocean. I have a picture of the ocean taped to a monitor .. I look at it to keep discipline and realize it wont happen if I do something stupid.

#18     Dec 3, 2001
  9. Turok

Turok

>which part of CA are you in.. i am planning to
    >move to CA, want to hear housing in CA.

Moved to La Jolla (San Diego area) about year ago from Los Gatos (SF Bay area). Housing here is about 25% less then from whence we came, but still not cheap.

Our 20yr old 2,800sf house is on Mt Soledad with ocean views and swimming pool, but otherwise quite basic and is appraised at 1.7m. This price drops the jaws of most of our out of state friends, but it wouldn't make those Manhattan boys even blink.

It's all relative

JB

#19     Dec 3, 2001
  10. Hitman

Hitman

The month started with a victory on a choppy day. While I could not get any major winners, I was able to make a high percentage of my shots and it really helped. 10000 shares on 7 of 11 shooting, +937 before commissions, +584 after, 2 bullets.

Pre-Market: ENE again, and I didn't bullet EPG because he gapped down. Did bullet KMI which went nowhere.

9:30: Bulleted CRA at 28.6 on BTK weakness and covered for a 35 cents profit. Bulleted KMI and covered for a 5 cents loss.

9:47: All of a sudden, the OSX index made a huge reversal, and I was able to grab HP at 28, SGY at 35.27, made 30 cents each on the first leg up, then after a brief consolidation the index just sky rocketed. Took VTS which went nowhere and I got out for flat. A big miss there as I did not have any serious energy position for the follow up except EPG which squeezed and allowed me to pull down 40 cents.

10:56: Took some TER and DOX on futures bounce and out for flat. Tried MWD and JBL and scored 20 cents a piece. Very small squeezes on futures, and it just felt really choppy.

3:55: Tried DYN and EPG on a final minutes squeeze, time ran out as I got out of both for flat.

The real excitement of the day was what happened away from the market. I was able to convince a group of five traders to an interview at our firm. They have been paying some rediculously high commissions (2 cent a share, $4 a ticket, 65% payout) and they came with a full set of demands. Well, let's just say my boss was able to exceed everything they could have possibly hoped for, and what they have now will make them happy for a long, long time to come. I would hate to be a competitor of a man who runs an interview like a mob boss recruiting a rookie. He was so aggressive that he literally made them fax in the resignation letter. I honestly didn't believe the recruiting would go so smoothly, I guess there is power in numbers, but still, I could not believe the deal they got.

What is important to be is that now my boss is offering me a leadership position, to lead this team and anyone else I recruit into battle everyday. Supposedly I can get a cut of their commissions with zero risk, but I will be trading with them and be the point man on the team. I will find out all about it tommorrow. I have a very mixed feeling right now.

On one hand, assuming there is no risk to my own account, this is going to be a serious income stream, throw in the fact that my own commissions will take a substantial cut, it is hard to say no, especially given the fact that I have a few others in mind to join my team almost right off the bat. In my quest to fulfill my ultimate dream, this is a seriou asset.

On the other hand, I will have to leave traders who have traded with me for quite some time, and without M and F, I don't know if it will have any impact on my own trading. Then, guys on this team are 24, 24, 29, 29, 31, with me being 22, I am not sure if I can command sufficient respect especially given the fact that my own trading has not fully matured yet. Yes, there are people with worse trading record than me and their own trading groups, but I am not sure if I am pushing this too fast.

I do know that when there is an opportunity you must grab it, and the worst case scenario is failure, something I have experienced over and over in this business. I am going to make up my mind in the morning, but I think I already know which route I am going to take, as the Hitman doesn't back away from challenges.

Capitalize on every opportunity, for the window may never open again.

#20     Dec 3, 2001