December Silver (SIZ7)

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Realist, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Hopefully we will see that monster shatter through $16 again this week

#21     Nov 7, 2007
  2. during the '87 crash gold dropped due to margin calls in other assets forced deleverage in gold/silver.....

the equity/credit markets are starting (have been) locking up and so I'm suprised gold has held up this well

I mean there are half a trillion $ worth of SIV-CDO paper that has no bid......

QQQQ and SPOOS are looking gappy lower...big gappy

#22     Nov 7, 2007
  3. Realist

Realist

The $16.21 high print will likely be retested and overcome in the following days imo.. There could be some additional selling pressure coming for the next day or so but $14.90-15 should hold on a NY closing basis. My strategy going forward is to gradually build positions and add on to it on weakness...

#23     Nov 7, 2007
  4. I cant seem to make money in silver because I refuse to stay to 4 am....

gold options and index puts await the completely incompetent central bankers to make the next bonehead move....

it's a shot....

#24     Nov 7, 2007
  5. Realist

Realist

Silver is holding 15 like a champ now. Similar to the action when Silver crossed over 14 in which a quick backtest to just slightly under 14 was made and then it never looked back. Silver is beginning to outperform gold as expected now...

#25     Nov 9, 2007
  6. thanks realist, your insights have helped me and i'm sure many others very profitable! where would you like the royalty check sent :)

#26     Nov 9, 2007
  7. He deserves the check :)

#27     Nov 9, 2007
  8. Realist

Realist

It will be very tough to hold silver positions moving forward as the price swings are likely to get even more volatile. I think the best thing to do right now would be to hold a position that one is comfortable with even if silver were to correct harshly in the short term. I am very encouraged to see that silver is holding up and actually closed positive today while the equity markets remain very weak and also the Yen is up strongly (which has forced liquidation in Jan. Platinum today as well). Hold the line guys, the surprises in silver will be mostly to the upside over the course of the next few months imo...

#28     Nov 9, 2007