Dec. Fortune Mag: $11,000 into 18 Million in 3 years

Discussion in 'Trading' started by MichaelNorris, Jan 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. topmo

topmo

Hey Rock TL....
    Why the difference in the two posts? I'm not quite sure I understand...perhaps you could explain. Thanks.

#31     Jan 29, 2001
  2. wshi88

wshi88

His yr 2000 and 2001 model portfolio are in the red, though 1999 was a good yr.

If he posts so many stock in his newsletter, how do you keep track of all those stocks and do you have the capital to trade them when they hit buy point? To me, it's just unrealistic to trade all those stocks, no matter how good his system is.

#32     Jan 29, 2001
  3. Answers:

topmo...Please look at the dates of the posts...

one post was dated 01/10/2001.....

...and the last was 01/29/2001 ...updated

So...what WE have here is a swing from 13 picks down an average of a $10.00 loss per share to an average of 12 picks up with a $12.00 profit per share...

Hope this helps???

wshi88...< If he posts so many stock in his newsletter, how do you keep track of all those stocks
    and do you have the capital to trade them when they hit buy point? To me, it's just
    unrealistic to trade all those stocks, no matter how good his system is.>

WRONG!!!!...Let me explain....NOW I AM NOT SAYING TO USE HIS SYSTEM....yet!!!...because, to me, a month does not make a trading system. If you are going to use "any" system you have to do your DD....that means 3-6 months of a track record. We are far from that!!!

To keep track of the picks...IT'S FREE...download this:

http://www.money.net/

I guess YOU know YOU have to have money to trade!!!

I say, to start, between $10K-25K...and don't use margins!!

ToTrade use:
    http://www.interactivebrokers.com/html/main.html

The trade will cost YOU 1 cent a share....if your trade is under 100 shares, the trade cost YOU $1.00 in and $1.00 out...

If and when YOU decide to use a trading system YOU "have to" trade ALL of their picks...if they pick 10 different stocks and YOU only picked 3 of the 10 ....those just might be the ones to lose...SO!!!

If your short on cash only buy 25....50....75...100...shares of each pick...

To sum this up: YOU NEED MONEY!...DON'T USE MARGIN!...DON'T PICK AND CHOOSE!...TRADE ALL THE PICKS!

....as always,

GoodInvesting, Rocky

#33     Jan 30, 2001
  4. topmo

topmo

Thanks for your reply.

#34     Jan 30, 2001
  5. TheFinn

TheFinn

Rocky,

How is this guy doing now? Are his picks still going up? Would you trust his system now?

The Finn

#35     Feb 12, 2001
  6. TheUpdate....IT is NOT pretty!!!!

14 PICKS:

1 up and it's only a buck ($1.00)...

13 down ...between -$1.00-$40.00 per share...

The average per share price is down $18.00...

SO MUCH FOR HIM....

The GOOD NEWS is :

I am doing DD on 2 sites that are U~N~R~E~A~L...soFAR??

They are both Pay Sites: $200-250 per month....but...

ThisWeekOnly.....----->>My DD lasts 3-6 months

One site is a Daytrader...longs&shorts...20+roundtrips a day....on 4 days that's about 80 trips....only 5 trips at a loss....THAT IS UNREAL!!

The other site is a SwingTrader....both ways (long&short) .....only (all) short this week......NOT ONE LOSS...

TimeWillTell!!!

....and so will I.....on a weekly or bi-weekly basis..

SeeYaSoon,

....as always,

GoodInvesting, Rocky

#36     Feb 23, 2001
  7. js1257

js1257

Rock,
    What are the 2 sites you are currently following? Thanx

#37     Feb 23, 2001
  8. #38     Feb 24, 2001
  9. mjt

mjt

Rock

Keep this in mind when evaluating Millennium. When they post their profit and loss totals at the end of the day, they are using the 'last winner alert' to determine the exit. For example, if they call JNPR long at 74, it then goes to 78, then they call the exit after it goes down to 75, they are calculating a 4 point gain, instead of a 1 point gain. I'm not sure whether you're going by their end of day email reports, but if you are, go back to their daily log, and check their recommended entry and exit points versus a one minute chart. Also, they have several trades going at one time, so the supposed results would be diluted if you couldn't be in all those trades at once.

I'm not saying whether they're good or bad, but a lot of these trading rooms are very tricky when it comes to giving records of their exit points.

#39     Feb 25, 2001
  10. mjt,

YOU ARE 100% CORRECT!!!!

.....further more, to make money, you HAVE TO:

Stay with the site(s) 8AM-5:30PM...I am on-line 6AM-6PM..Monday-Friday....THIS IS A JOB!!!!

Have the money to play EVERY trade they play...YOU CAN'T pick your trades....so I play 50-100 shares a trade...

Have back ups to everything...computers(with power back-up), ISPs, "DiscountBrokers"..Like IB...etc.

...if at a minimum YOU can't do this DON'T USE A DAYTRADE SITE TO PLAY THE MARKETS......You WILL lose!!!!

....as always,

GoodInvesting, Rocky

#40     Feb 25, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.