Dec. Fortune Mag: $11,000 into 18 Million in 3 years

Discussion in 'Trading' started by MichaelNorris, Jan 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tradeRX

tradeRX

Guido, he has found the secret...

M
    O
    N
    E
    Y

thought i'd do this in "RockStyle"...

...lol

#131     Jul 4, 2001
  2. I'mBack and I'mHot...sweaty..

OneQuickNote..

I have nothing to hide...
    I tell it like it is...
    No BS..."NoBragJustFact"

...and since I like to see the people I talk to...

I GIVE YOU THIS LINK:

http://profiles.yahoo.com/RockTheLurker

Rocky~56
    Rita~~~54

Married~30 years

....and YES, there is a PonyTail behind my head!!

AnswersToAllOnOnePost...Part2

Rocky

#132     Jul 4, 2001
  3. tradeX

the answer is, "whatever works for you".. RL has a phenominal perspective, although he has forgotten social grace, normally accorded to one's coworkers, by not being overly personified. Normally, we wouldn't step all over one another when working so closely, and have to pass restrictive interviews to screen out the wierdo's.

Simply put, one shouldn't wag one's assets (polite term) in another's face, especially if (through one's frequent comments) expects to encounter them again, or expect that they will be respected again.

I personally don't use that "full screen, take up the whole page" idiot writing style, as if what I had to say was so important. Just to quote a phrase from Our Holy Mantra (movie - Wall Street): "you want a friend, Get a Dog". Hey, RL, get a dog, and ease up on these replies (you're too frequent and too thin worded / no substance).

TrdX - your comments are right on... however, if you were to hire 2 assistants to prescreen potential trades and give them your eyes of experience, and they were to call out those trades, then that's where you end up with MT. Pity they don't comp me for the compliment.

In one brokerage firm, the Branch Manager has stooges, including his B-In Law, whom he trained to do nothing but leverage their eyesight to call out "setups", which he decided to either trade or pass on. Needless to say, when de'd interview potential customers, employees and other prop traders, they'd see a full office and presume that its a successful operation. Also, needless to say, those calls were worth exactly what he paid for them (you know - free advise).

Frankly, becoming overly dependent upon others criples one's own efforts, but one must choose one's crutches wisely.

#133     Jul 4, 2001
  4. Part 2

AnswersToAllOnOnePost...

tradeRX,

I see YOU like my cap style of writing....LOL

Eyeryone's got their own style...

....and BTW "ClAsSiC RoCk oN tHe StErEo"

That's all there is??...MUSIC died in the 80s!!...RIP

LongLive~ClassicRock!!!!

"How the heck are juggling all these picks from three sites at the same time?

With M-T alone you might have SIX (or more) positions open at one time...often
    calling 3 or 4 trades within SECONDS!

And what about the slippage problem. Often you can't get their price. Too ofen you're
    a few seconds behind....and .25 away from their entry. How are you handling the
    slippage problem?"

Well, it ain't easy...sometimes...even though I have..3 different Brokers... 3 computers..DSL...2 ISPs..4 phone lines w/speed dial&redial..
    ..lightening supressers...and back up utilities...

....and my trusty Pen&Paper

I try for all the picks...most I get..and some get away.

Fast hands and NO Radio or TV on in my office..

JustMeCussing...LOL

LimitBuys&Sells~Stops

I wait for them to come to me and I never chase them...well, ALMOST never..

When I trade, I have PMA and stay in the GROOVE....nothing distracts me....NOTHING!!!Up and on the puters about 6AM and off about 6PM..

Slippage...a few cents here and there....NO SWEAT!!

"Are you full of it or what?

You have neatly avoidedresponding to me.

How long have you worked for waxie and co. :cool:"

"Is "the rock" paid a commission for hyping these highly paid soothsayers?

What a joke."

No RX, I don't work for Waxie although I think HE might be fun to work for....He is alot like me.

....and the last time I was on a commission was in 1982....

I was a WholesaleLiquorSalesmen in DC...

Babak,

"as a reply, yes I believe that Waxie is not pro. I can't believe your attitude! Its' like
    you haven't read the multiple replies that vvv and others are posting about stop limits
    and money management.

Hey, NOT REFERING TO YOU~~ (Opinions) You know what they say about A$$ holes?...Everybody has one!...and

....I do RespectYourOpinion...Really....I just happen to think HE is....it has nothing to do with attitude..."multiple replies from vvv....and others"...they're YOUR PROs?...allow me a moment to LMFAO..................................ThankYou!!!

"If you're a trader and you're good, you go into the biz. No buts, ifs about it. Its that
    simple."

Well, that's what Waxie is~~ a business...and he's "into IT"..

...."No buts, ifs about it. Its that
    simple."

"He has averaged 50% after fees for a long time (AND his fee is 50% of returns!! He is
    THAT good. Usual hedge fund performance fee is 20% as you know."

Damn that's high...BUT that's what I charged to my family and some close friends (When I traded for them) when the site I was following made in 1998 +456% ...in 1999 +411% & in YTD March2000 +210.

"Rock, if you're retired and just want to have some fun then get thee to some great
    hedge funds."

Babac, I am retired, and I am a pretty boring guy although I think what I do IS FUN....that's why I got into DayTrading in 1998..all I had was my RealEstateInvestments with alot of spare time on my hands....I don't play golf,cards,no country clubbing,travel or chase women anymore.....DAMN!!!

I JUST DAYTRADE & DO REALESTATE DEALS....

....now I'm getting really depressed ....hehehe

"oh and about shortboy.com

go back and deduct all the interest income he gives himself and you will discover his
    performance is, well, how shall I put this diplomatically?....not that good"

Yeah, I know that also...didn't make sense to me either but I have still made some GELT with him because I cover @ 2.00 or less...and the trades are easy on TheNYSE..

...He does like the Ponies....hehehe

Sniper_Trader1,

Originally posted by RockTheLurker
    ThanksForTheFun...

"Obviously, that is what this thread is all about to you."

If that's what YOU think...NoProblem! I LOVE ME & FUN...and maybe, JUST MAYBE, if YOU had more FUN in YourLife that wife of YOURS would not be an EX!!!!!

" Consequently, I can't help it but to comment on my
    impression of the ill-like sarcastic sense of humor that pours out of your cracked Rock
    *$$"

I must assume from that YOUR A$$ has NO CRACK....my I KISS IT???....and furthermore your Crap smells of Roses??

"Rock, I am doing exactly what you want. I am giving you something to respond to. I
    will also give you the pleasure of having the last word on the subject, because I will
    not reply to your response. How is that for my fear of your superiority? It has to bring
    you a great deal of pleasure that I know in advance that I couldn’t possibly compete
    with your vocabulary and creativity."

QuiteFrankly...I THINK YOUR DOING A GreatJob....and YOU seem to be very well versed as a WordSmith...far better than I.

The rest of your post is a MasterPiece of LiberalPAP and pardon me, as I am about to HURL!

.....and YOU sound like YOU love life

...as YOU put those RoseColoredGlasses on

Read your last paragraph and REPEAT AFTER ME....

MazelTov Mr. Bill... I've turned into Stuart Smally and

I'm good enough,
    smart enough, and gosh darn it, people like me.....

....except MyWife

...and

-As I let go of my shoulds and feelings of guilt, I can get in touch with my Inner Sociopath.

- I have the power to channel my imagination into ever-soaring levels of suspicion and paranoia.

- I assume full responsibility for my actions, except the ones that are someone else's fault.

- I no longer need to punish, deceive or compromise myself. Unless, of course, I want to stay employed.

- In some cultures what I do would be considered normal.

- Having control over myself is nearly as good as having control over others.

- My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgment.

- I can change any thought that hurts into a reality that hurts even more.

- I honor my personality flaws, for without them I would have no personality at all.

- Joan of Arc heard voices too.

- I am grateful that I am not as judgmental as all those censorious, self-righteous people around me.

- I need not suffer in silence while I can still moan, whimper and complain.

- As I learn the innermost secrets of the people around me, they reward me in many ways to keep me quiet.

- When someone hurts me, forgiveness is cheaper than a lawsuit. But not nearly as gratifying.

- The first step is to say nice things about myself. The second, to do nice things for myself. The third, to find someone to buy
    me nice things.

- As I learn to trust the universe, I no longer need to carry a gun.

- All of me is beautiful and valuable, even the ugly, stupid, and disgusting parts.

- I am at one with my duality.

limitdown,

OldRetiredFarts~JustGottaHaveFun....Right???

Your words of WISDOM were FUN to read....

Thanks

guidodf,

"The Rock guy must have found the secret of eternal youth: in fact he sounds much like
    a teenager."

Thanks Guido....I'll take that as a compliment...I still feel like one although I am 50 pounds heavier...

....and I'll take mine with 2C2P&G....well done but not burnt!!!

ThanksGuys...I did have someFUN writing this .....mayBE an old man with too much time....but I HOLD NO ILL WILL TOWARDS ANY OF YOU...

If I ruffled a FewFeathers...I APOLOGIZE

LifeIsShort~LiveItUp

PMA

Rocky

#134     Jul 4, 2001
  5. tradeRX

tradeRX

Rock baaaaaaby,

You are OK in my book. U speak from the heart and w/o pretense, imho. I don't even mind that you have assets. Hell, we all got assets, don't we? That's why we're here. To get even more! hehehe. Now, if you'd had boasted a parking lot full of sports cars and a fleet of boats...

NOW THAT'S OFFENSIVE! ~~~~~LOL.

Love those posts to man. Not a damn thing wrong with them.

Colorful
    &
    Candid

~~~~KeepOnRockinOnDude!~~~~~

....and don't change a thing.

aaaa-oh, looking back over my post...

i think you're beginning to influence me. :cool:

Oh NO...what's that???

I think I feel a ponytail back there. ;-)

#135     Jul 4, 2001
  6. thetruth

thetruth

Babak,

you got something against Shortboy? He's done right by me. Just looking at your warped view, you fail to mention that he has MADE MONEY AT EVERY POINT IN TIME FROM 1999 ON (ACCORDING TO YOUR CALCULATIONS).

you fail to mention that he gives his trades in advance, and has the guts to take full accountability.

you fail to mention that over that 2 year period (even excluding interest), shortboy is up a heck of alot more than the S&P.

you fail to mention that no other site gives out specific trades in advance.

The Rock seems pleased with shortboy, why do you need to misrepresent? Also, as far as that "interest adding", it is not misrepresentation, its an accounting rule, and law that states that all income derived from an account be used in the final calculation of investment returns.

if you have a problem with the law, simply deduct the interest yourself, and shortboy still has made over 150K with his unique style over 2 years.

I like the http://www.shortboy.com site, it's done right by me, and Rock. So there.

Bowen

#136     Jul 5, 2001
  7. Babak

Babak

as I said in my original post I have nothing against shortboy.com

Yes he has beaten the SP500. But isn't that a moot point? This being a bear market and he a dedicated shortseller?

Anyway, I do believe that it is misleading when he adds interest income to trading income and then presents the aggregate as trading profits.

When you look beneath the surface you see that a large part of his 'profit' was made by just sitting in cash and collecting interest.

30% of his total profit in 1999 and 2000 was from interest and 57% in 2001 [mid year].

To me that's such a large chunk that I feel he has a responsability to point it out.

In my opinion doing otherwise is misleading. If you come to other conclusions that's fine by me.

#137     Jul 5, 2001
  8. thetruth

thetruth

Babak,

no, to me it is not a "moot point", because the S&P has only fallen 2% or thereabouts in comparison to when he started the site.

why don't you petition the SEC for an accounting law change then? The law states that "all income derived from an account be used in the final calculation of returns". If Shortboy were to do it your way, he would be calculating his TRUE returns incorrectly,and not in accord with the laws of the SEC. That's what the law says. Shortboy is correct in following the law.

If it bothers you so much, just deduct the interest yourself, and you'll find that he still has made over 150K posting trades in advance, and taking full accountability for them. That shows alot of guts if you ask me, and shows the uniqueness of the website. Is there another website that does anything remotely close to that? No.

Bowen

#138     Jul 5, 2001
  9. jsmith

jsmith

thetruth,

Why don't you keep your accounting practices to yourself? You don't see other sites adding 'capital interest' into their total profits and calling it trading profits.

Shortboy is a joke if the interest he made on his capital is greater than the money he made in the market.
    "Shortboy begins with a $500,000 account."
    Anyone could live off the interest of a half a million dollar account.

If he started with a realistic 25k account, his commissions would take him out. All the trading profit left would be the interest.

#139     Jul 5, 2001
  10. thetruth

thetruth

huh? ignorance is bliss.

i've never seen him call "interest" a trading profit, he just adds it to his total return, which is the law under SEC rules.

furthermore, you haven't a clue. If he had a 1/2 million dollar account, and all he made was interest, he would make 4% a year, and it would be one BORING website.

His trading profits have been over 150K, far eclipsing interest, and that's in up AND down markets.

it's not "My" accounting practices, it's what any audit by a large accounting firm would legally do. But since you're talking about a realistic 25K account, you probably wouldn't know the meaning of "audit".

why don't you keep your pennies to yourself.

why talk from ignorance, you just look like a jacka--

Bowen

#140     Jul 5, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.