Dec. Fortune Mag: $11,000 into 18 Million in 3 years

Discussion in 'Trading' started by MichaelNorris, Jan 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tradeRX

tradeRX

Rock...

who's the third one???

#111     Jul 3, 2001
  2. tradeRX..

BINGO!!!!!...that's IT!!!...YOU HAVE GOT TO MAKE ALL THE TRADES THAT THEY MAKE....

LimitBuy...LimitSell...StopLoss...

If it goes by YOU ...Don't chase it!!!

NoKnots..

....as always,

GoodInvesting, Rocky

#112     Jul 3, 2001
  3. #113     Jul 3, 2001
  4. jsmith

jsmith

Entries but no exits.

I call MSFT a buy if it hits 100.
    MSFT touches 100, goes to 95 and then shoots up to 102 before dropping to 90. Now, I can brag how you could've made 2 points on my pick ignoring the fact that any real trader would've got stopped out.

Now, if MSFT hits 100 and drops straight from there. I will tell you that you should've stopped out at 99 1/2, only after it hits 90.

So if I only give you buy entries with no stop-loss, I can tell you my exit after it happens. And of course, it would've been played perfectly.

#114     Jul 3, 2001
  5. tradeRX

tradeRX

Rock.

How the heck are juggling all these picks from three sites at the same time?

With M-T alone you might have SIX (or more) positions open at one time...often calling 3 or 4 trades within SECONDS!

And what about the slippage problem. Often you can't get their price. Too ofen you're a few seconds behind....and .25 away from their entry. How are you handling the slippage problem?

#115     Jul 3, 2001
  6. vvv,

It's hard coming out of the ground when YOUR head is hitting TheGreatWall???

non geometric growth~~~marty schwartz???hehehe~~~warren buffet..damn vvv I don't have $68,700 to spend per share...and BTW You lost $400.00 today!~~~non geometric triple digit returns or geometric returns
    below 25%?

YouKnow?...MySaying is KISS....YKWTM...Right?

"however, nobody, and i mean absolutely nobody, has managed a long term annual
    compounded performance that exceeds 25%."

WellDuh!!!

Please don't make me send a boat for YOU in China. PLEASE!

....as always,

GoodInvesting, Rocky

#116     Jul 3, 2001
  7. jsmith,

I will send the BOAT for YOU too!!!

Well you win some and you lose some....

....JUST WIN MORE!!!

....as always,

GoodInvesting, Rocky

ALL: Got to go watch MiamiVice on TNN...

TheSimpleMan'sStation...

Later......

#117     Jul 3, 2001
  8. vvv

vvv

rock, i have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, apart from the fact that evidently you haven't grasped a couple of fundamentals...

a vendor who sells entry signals without profit taking, stops and position sizing is absolutely useless and no more than a rip off as his signal can be manipulated to prove just about anything, with a little help from hindsight...

and the lack of an audited performance just proves that there is no real money performance...

nobody has ever managed a long term annualised compounded return above ~~25%...

those who are in the neighbourhood longterm and compounded are those that made the most money... and they don't sell signals.

hehe...

which of these points do you have difficulties understanding?

#118     Jul 3, 2001
  9. vvv,

"you haven't grasped a couple of fundamentals..."

Well here is what I do grasp...

I have been retired for 15 of my 56 years...

I have enough of a NetWorth so I don't have to work (orTRADE) another day for the rest of my life...

I don't own any BH...

I "play" in the market for FUN...and WIN!!

....and I am not currently in CHINA.

"which of these points do you have difficulties understanding?"

None.....

...and NoBoatForYou!

ThanksForTheFun...

....as always,

GoodInvesting, Rocky

#119     Jul 3, 2001
  10. Babak

Babak

Rock,

as a reply, yes I believe that Waxie is not pro. I can't believe your attitude! Its' like you haven't read the multiple replies that vvv and others are posting about stop limits and money management.

If you're a trader and you're good, you go into the biz. No buts, ifs about it. Its that simple.

by the way Steve Cohen has a slightly higher performance (audited) SAC Capital is a trading hedge fund that he runs (some of his best traders have left now to start their own funds--note they havent started their own websites calling entries! :) Steve's style is tape reading and he trades a lot.

He has averaged 50% after fees for a long time (AND his fee is 50% of returns!! He is THAT good. Usual hedge fund performance fee is 20% as you know. But he can get away with more than double that because, well, because he is freakin amazing.

Rock, if you're retired and just want to have some fun then get thee to some great hedge funds. I would recommend the one Buddy Fletcher runs (he's featured in Schwager's new book)

I met him in Europe when he was 'touring' and was extremely impressed. When I'm finished trading and kick back, guys like him will get my money.

Wish you the best.
    A small request, please reply in a way that I will understand

disclosure: before anyone jumps down my throat I do not get a referral fee for recommending Buddy's hedge fund

#120     Jul 3, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.