Dec. Fortune Mag: $11,000 into 18 Million in 3 years

Discussion in 'Trading' started by MichaelNorris, Jan 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. "racial slur"

I THINK NOT!!....

Aren't we just a TAD timid & politically correct?..Mr.MAHER

Sorry to offend YOU...

....as always,

GoodInvesting, Rocky

#101     Jul 3, 2001
  2. OH!!!

....andBTW

I LOVE CONSUMING......WINE and vast quantities of
    ESCARGOT....

....as always,

GoodInvesting, Rocky

#102     Jul 3, 2001
  3. jsmith

jsmith

>Third, if he is such a great trader why doesn't he audit >his records and launch a hedge fund? Theoretically he >could make a *lot* more from 20% of returns than his >subscriptions. Wouldn't that be simpler for everyone? If >you don't want to work at creating your own trading style >but just want money, well, hand it over to Waxie's hedge >fund and watch him spin gold.

WAXIE could make much more money and save us all time from following his picks if he started a hedge fund. All his members should recommend that he does. People who just want to make money put money into his hedge fund. People who want to learn how to trade should go else where.

I loved his answer when someone asked him where he placed a stop for one of his picks. "Buy my video".

#103     Jul 3, 2001
  4. vvv

vvv

this is a pretty bad joke...

video or no video, without stops, profit taking and position sizing included --- only entries, hehe, it's no wonder the guy doesn't have an audited track record and isn't starting a hedge fund, which, btw, is where the real money is made, not in selling "signals".

look, if all i have is an entry, i can make pretty much any signal look great with a little benefit from hindsight: why, you should have placed your stop just here and then you "could" have gained x number of points.

plus, high percentage winners are not where the big money is made, it's not how often you're right or wrong that's important, it's how big you win when you do win.

plus the non reply to the question re the danger of too many members moving the market is pretty conclusive, too.

hey, anybody seen paul tudor jones or george soros selling "entry signals" lately??

tokyo joe, anyone??

#104     Jul 3, 2001
  5. Babak

Babak

Don't hold your breath for Waxie to start a hedge fund. That's what professionals do.

It is very easy to smudge performance when you only give entry signals. Especially when you have a megaphone for a larynx.

lol....Soros selling entry signals..good one :)

#105     Jul 3, 2001
  6. HiGuys...

NoFlame but GEEEEEEZZZ!!!...

...and PLEASE

DON'T TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY but

jsmith
    vvv
    babak

Can I ask youALL a question?

JUST HOW NAIVE CAN YOU BE?...Do you really think Tudor,Soros and the rest of TheHedgeFundGang.. also Greenspan....FDA...SEC...CEOs and name any of the BigBoys on WallStreet or on AnyStreet USA that don't....

Buy
    Sell
    Trade

On inside info.has GOT to have their head so far in the ground it comes out in China.

HedgeFundArticle:

http://www.businessweek.com/2001/01_09/b3721001.htm

HedgeFunds.....BWAHAHAHA..

Hell, if I only made 50% YTD(and that's high for 99% of TheHedgeFunds) trading, I WOULD QUIT!!

I make over 100% ROI on "all" my RealEstateInvestments

...can YOU figure out how I can do&say that?

So you guys keep making Dough (DOH) and don't forget to :~)))

....as always

GoodInvesting, Rocky

#106     Jul 3, 2001
  7. Babak

Babak

sorry Rock, don't understand what your point is. could you be a bit more concise/clear. Thanks

#107     Jul 3, 2001
  8. Babak,

"Don't hold your breath for Waxie to start a hedge fund. That's what professionals do.

It is very easy to smudge performance when you only give entry signals. Especially
    when you have a megaphone for a larynx."

So, are you saying Waxie is NOT a PRO and TheHedgeFund managers are???

Waxie makes more ROI than "any" HedgeFund manager..PERIOD!!!

If someone gives you an entry point I think YOU can figure out that ....PigsMakeGoodRibs

I follow three sites, all with entry points:

On one, I am out in 2.00 per share
    On one, I am out in 1.00 per share
    On one, I am out in 0.25 per share

Only one gives an exit point...The 2.00 one ..he tries for 3/4/5 dollars...I have beat him YTD, but his picks work for me @ $2.00...

I MAKE MY OWN EXITS THAT WORK FOR ME...

...and so can YOU!

....as always,

GoodInvesting, Rocky

#108     Jul 3, 2001
  9. tradeRX

tradeRX

Rock.

I see you're w/M-Traders. The same thing occurred to me after pouring over their daily recaps. Out of the 30-40 calls/day they make, it seems most trades go into the green at least that much at some point in time. A lot of them. But many not much more than that. Also, even w/their new one point stops, they aren't stopped out very often. So, I thought, why not buy everything they call, sell everything in the green by .25. Repeat 30 or 40 times.

However, here's the problem I have...maybe you can help me solve it. Often, you can't get filled at their price. hey get in. Then they post thier buy alert, but the price has moved away by .10-.20. So, subtracting this slippage from their daily recap puts a strain on the strategy. Now, they must get into the green by about .45 for the strategy to work.

Another thing, have you noticed a lot of their calls go sour RIGHT away. For instance, they'll make a buy call when the market seems to right at the top and turning down. Their trade goes red immediately as it follows NDX or COMP down, and low and behold your holding a loser right off the bat hoping your "they're always in the green by .25 at some point do don't worry" theory proves to be true. And it's not much fun shorting as per their call as everything else is running up. Kindaturnsyourgutinaknot.

Is this how you play them? Do you buy everything w/o question, hang on till the .25 profit, then out. How do you account for the slippage in price?

I've lost a little confidence in them because of these seeemingly uncertain calls. I find myself second guessing them, taking only a third of their calls, and cursing a lot. I quit for these reasons. Why do i need them if I'm making all the trade decisions anyway.

How are you making money with them?

tradeRX

#109     Jul 3, 2001
  10. vvv

vvv

selling entry signals without profit taking, stops and position sizing is rubbish, pure and simple.

and particularly so when the vendor doesn't have an audited performance.

it's simply the oldest rip off game in the industry.

non geometric growth, ie where you take out profits after say a year, enables investors/traders to have a couple of triple or whatever digit returns, but because it's non geometric you limit overall capital growth.

however, nobody, and i mean absolutely nobody, has managed a long term annual compounded performance that exceeds 25%.

marty schwartz has a history of non geometric triple digit returns dating back to the early 80's. (and by the way, he, as opposed to unaudited signal selling jokers traded with his own real money)

warren buffet has an historical annual compounded growth rate of a "paltry" 23,8% over the last 35 years.

so, which earned more money? non geometric triple digit returns or geometric returns below 25%?

and that's assuming that anybody who's name isn't marty schwartz has ever even remotely approximated the results promised by signal vendors manipulable entries - including themselves.

cheers

#110     Jul 3, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.