Debates!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Epic, Jan 26, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

Sort of like when states would go for Obama then the next for Hillary, etc.? Primaries are always a battle with one surging then the other. Rarely does one candidate run the table.

#11     Jan 26, 2012
  2. Epic

Epic

Yes, I think the Dems were just as desperate during the '08 election as the GOP is this time around.

#12     Jan 26, 2012
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Let's try to stick to facts. Romney has no current wealth from his father. The small funds his father left him upon death Romney gave 100% away to charity. He built his own wealth Captain. I'm sorry if that pisses you off.

And Santorum raping his daughter? Really? You know, it would be a lot easier to hate these bible thumpers if sick people like you weren't around making statements like that. Jesus man, you have kids for christ sake. Please refrain from comments like that. And try to use facts in the future.

#13     Jan 26, 2012
  4. His dad was CEO of GM, and he certainly did indeed pass down money to his son.

If you think the guy got where he is solely on his talents, please.

I don't begrudge his inherited wealth, but he did have quite the head start, now didn't he?

#14     Jan 26, 2012
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

He can't back it up. He's lying.

#15     Jan 26, 2012
  6. I did not mean to imply that Santorum himself would be the rapist. Other than that, I stand by my comment.

#16     Jan 26, 2012
  7. Epic

Epic

Documented inheritance that Romney kept includes;

1) A car as a wedding gift. To be expected since his dad was CEO of American Motors.

2) Help paying for undergrad school expenses, including travel to visit home.

3) Help in purchasing their first home. He and his wife lived in a $65/month basement apartment while he attended school.

Personally I know a whole lot of people who got that exact same package from their parents who are solidly middle class.

When Romney's father did in fact pass along an inheritance, Romney donated all of it to a university because he had already built his own fortune.

#17     Jan 26, 2012
  8. Epic

Epic

Yeah, there is a pretty fair amount of documented history. People can say a lot of things about Romney, but to suggest that he didn't earn his own way in the world is way off base.

Everyone around him testifies to the fact that he was insanely driven and skilled in both school and his career.

#18     Jan 26, 2012
  9. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(snip)

"But this time around Romney has secured the endorsement of a slew of key Florida Republicans with Cuban roots, such as Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart, and former Rep. Lincoln Diaz-Balart, a lineup that featured in a Spanish-language ad that the former Massachusetts governor released in the state.

“Romney leads Gingrich … in Florida. That may be an effect of the endorsements of the three Latino Republican members of Congress,” said Segura."

(snip)

"While Obama is trouncing Romney and Gingrich nationally with Latino voters, the margins are closer in Florida, which has 29 electoral votes up for grabs.

In a hypothetical head-to-head general election matchup with Obama, 40 percent of Florida Latinos say they would vote for Romney, while 50 percent prefer Obama. But if Gingrich secures the GOP nomination, Obama would have an even greater advantage among Latinos in the state, with only 38 percent supporting the former House Speaker and 52 percent opting for the president."
    http://progreso-weekly.com/2/index....-for-gop&catid=34:our-pulse-florida&Itemid=53

#19     Jan 26, 2012
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Yeah the left has already vetted this. I think the Captain is guilty of envy. It's hard for people like him to understand that hard work does occasionally pay off.

#20     Jan 26, 2012