death

Discussion in 'Politics' started by LMAO, May 5, 2004.

1. LMAO

LMAO

post what you think happens when you die.

I will post what I think later, to build some excitement.

2. eternal blackness a million times more bleak and solitary than the darkest night like a THOUSAND Grim Reapers dancing upon your hapless soul :-/

3. Your body gets pumped with embalming fluids as you are prepped for the funeral. You are then either buried or cremated. If you have a nice insurance policy, someone is going to the mall after the funeral.

This was an easy one.

4. the sad thing is our lives are just an aberration, a cruel joke, an insignificant purposeless anomaly in this Universe of the insentient; a mere nano-second blip on the radar screen.. then gone... FOREVER! (maybe longer) :(

5. But isn't it simply AMAZING the kind of probabilities that had to be overcome for you to have this life? And then, on top of all that, a human too (as opposed to a gnat).... and then an American (as opposed to a hapless somali)...and in the 21st century (as opposed to the 6500bc)...

Something to marvel at...

6. yes, like hitting the lottery but only permitted to keep the winnings for a week.

:-/

7. Lol. Thing is, it just doesn't really bother me at all. I'm grateful for every second of it... (yeah I know, I sound like a christian!)

8. Well at least no one is going to claim they 'won' this debate....

9. No actually I think the wiser of you; to be troubled by that which you can't change is foolish..

CARPE DIEM !

http://power2youth.com:8080/power2youth/showcontents.jsp?ContentID=_000000000709

As Mark Twain said, "I have been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened."

peace

10. actually....

there is only one experience we have ALL had that is the most similar to death--before birth. and what was that like? absolute total nothingness, as LongShot stated. to know what death is, all you have to do is ask yourself what your existence was like a million years ago. heaven, etc., are man-made happy horsesh!t.

#10     May 6, 2004