Death penalty, right to die, and those annoying civil liberties

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bungrider, May 27, 2004.

1. TigerO

TigerO

Yeah, the way I see it is theres just no point in falling for mavs dumb juvenile crap, outright lies like saying Greece (EU member, lol) etc have the death penalty, and just plain ole spin spin bullshit and hot air, the guy is just a total fruitcake not worth even a minutes attention.

lol, wasted too much time on him already.

#41     May 27, 2004
  2. Nobody said the US government hasn't been involved in loads of shit they shouldn't have been.

You're the one holding up Europe as some pristine, superior, "civilized" wonderland.

Are you asserting that Europe is "civilized" (vs. the rest of the "uncivilized" world) because you presume the degree of their corruption, criminal activity, and complicity in crap around the world is simply marginally less than other countries?

Or is it more simplistic - that no matter what goes on in Europe is immaterial as long as they don't have the death penalty?

#42     May 27, 2004
  3. Pabst

Pabst

The native born White population of the U.S. enjoys a murder rate comparative to Europe. African Americans commit over half of U.S. murders while only accounting for about 12% of U.S. population. Mexican immigrants are committing murder at a rate of 2.5x that of American Whites.

#43     May 27, 2004
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

I just love it when people post the facts

#44     May 27, 2004
  5. taigong

taigong

This is not exactly "civilized" speech from a person who admires EU civilization.

He must be living in the barbaric US of A...

#45     May 27, 2004
  6. the fanatics blew my thread...

i shouldn't complain, i've blown many threads with my own fanaticism...what goes around comes around..

i think the repubs will nominate someone else in 04.

bush's gonna get knocked in the dirt by anyone who runs..

#46     May 28, 2004
  7. TigerO

TigerO

BULLSHIT

lol

"The report on the other hand also notes that "Since the definition of homicide is similar in most countries, absolute comparisons of rates are possible. For the period 1998 to 2000, the average rate (the number of homicides per 100,000 population) was 1.7 in EU Member States with the highest rates in Northern Ireland (3.1), Spain (2.8) Finland (2.6), Scotland (2.2) and Sweden (2.1). The rate in England & Wales (1.5) was below the average. For the other countries, the highest rates were found in South Africa (54.3), Estonia (11.4), Lithuania (8.9), Latvia (6.5) and the USA (5.9). (p. 3)"

http://www.drugwardistortions.org/distortion13.htm

#47     May 28, 2004