Death penalty, right to die, and those annoying civil liberties

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bungrider, May 27, 2004.

1. TigerO

TigerO

BULLSHIT, lol

Greece and Latvia CANNOT be using the death penalty as they are member states of the EU.

And Turkey, because it wants to join, no longer uses it.

Besides, I said CIVILIZED countries, ie all EU countries, New Zealand, Australia, Canada and a handful more.

And that's it.

#11     May 27, 2004
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0777460.html

Here is the list, see for yourself.

Dude, basically everyone in the world except Western Europe uses capital punishment. Are you calling the Far East uncivilized? LOL. That's a good one. So basically, most of South America, Latin America, The Middle East, the Far East, Africa all use capital punishment. Only your precious Western Europe does not. That's a pretty small slice my friend.

#12     May 27, 2004
  3. TigerO

TigerO

Again, see my edited answer.

And yes, of course civilization is limited to a small handful of countries.

It's an oxymoron, civilization and legalized murder.

Also, my actual point was this:

Results are what count. Unfortunately that's where the US is sadly lacking. America has the most draconian punishments of all so called developed countries - never mind for now that no other developed and civilized country still uses legalized murder apart from us - and yet America is still the most brutal, violent and criminal society out of the developed countries, with the largest portion of it's population per capita behind bars vs other developed countries.

That is what I'd call total system failure.

#13     May 27, 2004
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Dude, I hate to break this to you, but Asia is far more civilized then Western Europe. LOL.

#14     May 27, 2004
  5. TigerO

TigerO

lol

#15     May 27, 2004
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Europe is living in the dark ages. Their system of government is 2k years old my friend. And something else to note, have you ever wondered why Americans who are imprisoned in Europe want so desperately to be extradited to the US so they can be in an American prison? LOL.

#16     May 27, 2004
  7. TigerO

TigerO

What complete bullshit Maverick, you really are totally nuts and full of lies.

NO ONE in their right mind wants to be extradited to the US from Western Europe at least.

Dream on.

#17     May 27, 2004
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Really? I take it you have not read the book "Catch Me if you Can" by Frank Abagnale Jr? You have no idea what you are talking about and it really shows.

#18     May 27, 2004
  9. TigerO

TigerO

Christ, Maverick, you're really a one man lying freak show.

Show me one instance on the web where anybody wanted to be extradited from WEST EUROPE to a US PRISON.

LMAO

You are so full of shit.

What is even the point of this pathetic discussion, LOL

#19     May 27, 2004
  10. Turok

Turok

Of course Mav says he doesn't believe what he reads (translation: He doesn't believe what YOU read) but in this case his presented evidence is a decades old story of a liar and con artist recounted by the liar and con artist for entertainment purposes.

JB

PS. Yes, have read the book. Have no opinion on whether I would want to be extradited to the US

#20     May 27, 2004