Death Penalty For Economic Crimes?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ipatent, Feb 9, 2009.

1. CDS had nothing to do with extending mortgages to uncreditworthy individuals. Fan & Fred's whole purpose was to artificially lower credit spreads in the mortgage market.

Fan & Fred couldn't buy non-conforming loans in the past. I the last few years, the became the largest buyers of Alt-A (liar) and subprime loans. Oh, yes my friend. Congress gave them the ability because it fit nicely into government's agenda to increase home buying to unsustainable levels.

And don't you mean "tranches". You do know that Fan & Fred ALSO packaged and sold MBS tranches?

AB&C are just too ridiculous to address. I don't think even you know what you meant.

#21     Feb 10, 2009
  2. Great. As long as we're killing people for following government mandates, can we also please kill anyone who took out a loan they couldn't afford to pay back?

See, if those bitches paid their debts like the promised, the house of cards wouldn't have come down.

Y'all do realize that if you start killing everyone responsible for the financial crisis, all of past and present congress, regulators and the living ex-presidents would be hanged. Actually, that's the part I'm most in favour of.

How does that saying go? "Liberty must be periodically renewed by the blood of tyrants"?

#22     Feb 10, 2009