Death Penalty For Economic Crimes?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ipatent, Feb 9, 2009.

1. ipatent

ipatent

<h3 class="entry-header"><a href="http://searchingforthetruth.typepad.com/searching_for_the_truth/2009/02/death-penalty-for-economic-crimes.html">Death Penalty For Economic Crimes</a></h3>
    <p>It works for me.</p>

2. Mvic

Mvic

After hearing about how Madoff is feeling cooped up in his lavish penthouse (why is he not in the city jail?) the notion is tempting.

3. Make sure the Jury is composed of people who just got their houses foreclosed and unemployed.

4. Looking at it seriously, those that have brought this upon us have destroyed more lives than all the drug dealers combined. They are guilty of reckless endangerment, which is a felony offense.
    Everyone talks about restoring confidence. There will be no restoration of anything so long as these corporate and government criminals walk free.

5. Death penalty? No. I don't see how that can be justified.

However, they should have to serve sentences similar to those convicted of crimes like drug trafficking. Some drug dealers get ridiculous sentences (25+ years). When has a white collar criminal ever done that kind of time?

No minimum security either. Let them room with Bubba.

We really ought to lock up more politicians too.

6. ipatent

ipatent

<div class="body"><a href="http://bizop.ca/blog2/lawsuits/do-some-economic-crimes-requir.html">Do Some Economic Crimes Require Capital Punishment?</a><blockquote>
    <p>&quot;The chairman of a trading company in northeast China has been sentenced to death after he was found guilty of raising 3 billion yuan (380 million U.S. dollars) from gullible investors for a bogus ant-breeding project between 2002 and 2005.<br />
    <br />
    Wang Zhendong, board chairman of Yingkou Donghua Trading (Group) Co., Ltd. in Liaoning Province promised returns of 35 to 60 percent for the fictitious project under the name of Donghua Zoology Culturing Co., Ltd and Donghua Spirit Co., Ltd.&quot;<br />
    <br />
    ............</p>
    But this is not the real issue. The more serious and real issue is: when should an economic crime be treated no different than that of violent physical crime? China appears to have thought through the issue since it death penalty, &quot;though usually reserved for violent crimes, it is also applied for nonviolent offenses that involve large sums of money or are deemed to have a pernicious social impact.&quot;</blockquote></div>

7. My, my. Isn't it interesting how the banter has ramped up. All so sudden.

My neighbors used to avoid me like the plague. Smart folks indeed.

Now, I get calls........."everything you told me is happening. I ca'nt believe it."

Know what?? Neither can I.

I give it two weeks to blow sky high. It's getting really hairy in DC, and they want action. When the public really figures it out, they'll be shooting people off the wrought iron fence in front of the White House.

By the way, to get a subpoena, like in Ackerman's hearing, all he had to do was turn around, tell an aide to make a call. Two calls later, they can serve the SEC ass clowns. If you remember, that evening, Schapiro apologized, and said she'd give up the ghost. There was a purpose to that. She didn't want a subpoena to the SEC. If would have been the end right there. Anarchy.

As it is, the SEC is doomed anyway. Thank the Lord.

8. Cutten

Cutten

How about the death penalty for hyperbole and scapegoating.

9. Really? It's all one big exaggeration? Since most Americans lost at least 40% of their wealth last year, and they still haven't seen a bottom, I'm surprised the response has been so muted.

Personally, I'd like to see a few individuals hung from their scrotums, and I had a pretty decent '08.

10. esjockey

esjockey

The economic crime of the 20th century was the creation of Fannie and Freddie. The economic crime of the 21st is spending trillions of our future earnings trying to evade the consequences.

Maybe our "representatives" will pass an economic crime death penalty bill and forget to exempt themselves.

#10     Feb 9, 2009