death of the american empire

Discussion in 'Economics' started by zdreg, Sep 24, 2009.

1. That's funny...I never noticed that.

I wonder why?

#11     Sep 24, 2009
  2. I love these world coming to and end articles! The more the better; makes me feel better about being long.

The best part is the doom and gloomers are quick to say the USA empire is finished...In the same breath, they will also say "China is all smoke and mirrors. Don't believe anything coming out of China." As well as "Fuck the UK, they're broke, they're finished."

So tell me doom and gloomers, who will replace the USA since they're so obviously "finished"? Where will the USA go? Become broke and implode over night?

Some people take the worst case scenario and attach a way larger probability to it happening than they should...

#12     Sep 24, 2009
  3. throughout history, all the great empires have fallen. We'll still be around, just not the same as before.

#13     Sep 24, 2009
  4. It's comical isn't it?

#14     Sep 24, 2009
  5. zdreg

zdreg

the reason to be long is as a hedge against inflation resulting from the debasement of the currency.
    anything is possible but the future of business does not look auspicious.

#15     Sep 24, 2009
  6. zdreg

zdreg

#16     Sep 24, 2009
  7. FB123

FB123

There isn't going to be a collapse as you describe it... not before they start a massive war first. Do you seriously believe that the United States would allow itself to be carved up by creditors? With the world's largest military machine? Great Wars follow Great Depressions, and this time will be no different. Sooner or later, that's where we're headed on this planet.

#17     Sep 24, 2009
  8. the1

the1

This part is actually rather comical if you think about it. The Fed and the Government shuffle paper from one column to another using nothing more complicated than an excel spreadsheet and the entire planet treats this kind of activity as something of actual value. This shell game will work until one country says, "No thanks, we won't accept any more of your paper." As long as confidence and faith in the currency exists the game will go on. When that confidence and faith erodes the country will collapse. The Rise and Fall of the Great American Empire is happening right before your eyes.

#18     Sep 24, 2009
  9. the1

the1

I agree and the thing that worries me the most is my kids will be old enough to fight when it happens.

#19     Sep 24, 2009
  10. hayman

hayman

Hell, the next WW will be so massive, that they will ask you to be fighting along side your kids. Personally, I believe the next war will be in the streets of the U.S., as part of total economic collapse, and government overthrow.

BTW, put your cash in pork bellies......

#20     Sep 24, 2009