Death Of Capitalism

Discussion in 'Economics' started by EMRGLOBAL, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Are you Russian by any chance?

What do you like about Switzerland?

#71     Feb 20, 2008
  2. You know the other day I saw a show where the American NBA players were complaining about all the int'l players coming into the league. One player actually whined, "They're taking away jobs!" I couldn't help but laugh because he now he not only had to compete with the best in America but the best on planet earth.

But here's the bottom line that he was missing: the league is better because of the foreign players. The quality of the NBA is going to go up because of these "outsiders" coming into the league which is better for the fans. Isn't that what it's all about?!?

Well, yes, I agree competition will get tougher even for some of the stuff we think is too high tech and where there are high barriers. Nothing stops the Asians. They have a determination that is downright scary sometimes.

So, yes, we'll do as well as we compete - it's kind of Economic Olympics if you will. But imo America will be fine in the long term: we've got one of the most free economies and an excellent population base with diverse ethnicity. We're really a microcosm of the whole earth here and have the best of everything.

Can you imagine the transformation in technology that is coming with the Asians, Russians, Eastern Europeans, etc. coming up to our speed? That will be something incredible to see I believe...

#72     Feb 20, 2008