Dear Abby Uses Column To Promote Radical Gay Agenda

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Read some of my other posts - I said that I couldn't give a crap about gays since they harm no one. I don't know how that could be considered bigotry. If I'm guilty of bigotry, it would be that yes, I'm bigoted towards pedophiles. Aren't you?

Forget the name calling please, you score no points for that...

Ok, let's forget about gays then. Instead, let's say you're right and pedophilia isn't determined at a genetic level. Would you say that sexual preference can be changed or suppressed?

And to equate rape as a sexual preference is wacky. And you're right, they're completely different behaviors, therefore I don't see the point you're trying to make with it. Rape doesn't involve sexual preference at all, it's a need for violence/control over the victim. Studies have proven this pretty conclusively.

And I DO think that there are different sexual preferences - hetero, homo, pedo should be be classified as different preferences. There are more. Like I said, when you watch a 20/20 or 60 Minutes show on a pedo, and he says that his attraction is to kids, well why do you even need to know more. It's not to men, or to women... kids. They know it's wrong, express remorse, and do it anyways. That's all you need to know..........

#31     Oct 11, 2007
  2. You imply that homosexuality and pedophilia are controlled by the same genetic phenomenon. By conflating the two in a way that is both false and pejorative toward homosexuals, it at least suggests a bigoted attitude. If that wasn't your intent, so much the better.

Which sexual "preference"? They aren't all the same. For example: if I had a really horrible experience with a blonde woman, it might change my sexual preference for blondes, but it wouldn't change my sexual preference for women.

Didn't you say, "Quibble all you want with the word 'preference', it doesn't make your argument any stronger."

By any definition of the words "sexual preference" where both homosexuality and pedophilia are considered sexual preferences, rape is also a sexual preference.

Personally, I don't consider any of them sexual preferences. They are all compelled to greater or lesser degrees by neurochemistry and the subconscious, whereas I consider a preference to be something fully accessible to conscious decision making.

Martin

#32     Oct 11, 2007
  3. 1- it wasn't my intent. I thought I made that clear. My intent is to imply that the claim that pedos can be released into the world and have kids be safe is a crock of shit.

2- Your example is ridiculous. You know what the context of the discussion is about.

3- again, you're just making an argument now to argue.

Take a stand. Do you believe that pedos can be safely let out into society.

#33     Oct 12, 2007
  4. Of course not! I never said anything like that. Lock them all up for all I care.

I think you're the one missing the point of this discussion. It's about gay people remember?

Martin

#34     Oct 12, 2007
  5. hcour

hcour Guest

I'm quite sure they're having sex w/each other, those gay people. You better believe it.

H

#35     Oct 12, 2007
  6. Glad we agree on that !!

I know the thread is about gays. I don't care about gays, they harm no one. I've never commented on gays positively OR negatively. I've merely used them to demonstrate the left's fucked up thinking. They will defend the gay's orientation, saying that it can't be changed, and then defend pedos, saying that their orientation can be changed. I'm attacking the left, ok?

So why do you believe that pedos should remain locked up? Is it cuz they can't change their stripes?

My point has always been - if gays can't change their stripes - for whatever reason - then why would the left think that pedos can?

#36     Oct 12, 2007
  7. Turok

Turok

#37     Oct 12, 2007
  8. Yes, correct or not, I'm using 2 different terms to give the same meaning.

#38     Oct 12, 2007
  9. And my point is that homosexuality and pedophilia are completely different phenomena, so the "logic" behind such a statement is nonexistent. Nothing we learn or decide about homosexuality has any bearing on pedophilia. Whether or not homosexuals can "change their stripes" tells us nothing about whether or not pedophiles can "change their stripes." They are orthogonal questions.

What makes you think the cause of homosexuality and the cause of pedophilia are related?

Martin

#39     Oct 12, 2007
  10. TheFinn

TheFinn

Sparohok,

I think you are confusing his argument. When he says people are born "pedophiles" I think he means they are born attracted to little kids, not necessarily that they'll take action on it.

If that is what he meant, then I think he has a good point, if someone is born attracted to little kids and you say he can be reformed, then you'd have to say gays (or even heteros) could be "reformed"... that is, conditioned to change their attraction.

#40     Oct 12, 2007