Dear Abby Uses Column To Promote Radical Gay Agenda

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Turok

Turok

My goodness Haroki, is that the best you can do? -- that rebuttal is swiss cheese (on top of just being nonsense).

You say "their argument really falls apart". LOL -- no it doesn't, because "they" aren't making the argument you claim they are.

Those who believe that sexual preference is predominately genetic (as I do) don't claim that this genetic predisposition gives you carte blanche to injure other people.

I don't claim that since I'm a hetrosexual I have the right to ply my preference with women who don't wish to be plied -- just with women who give consent.

Likewise, since society has deemed (and for good reason) that a minor can't (to varying degrees) give consent, a pedophile who genetically has such a disposition, has no pool from which to work with.

Gotta run, but will go round more with you later.

Peace.

JB

#11     Oct 10, 2007
  2. jsl50a

jsl50a

Turok-

You've obviously, completely missed the point: gays are icky. They are icky, and I don't want to have to be confronted with the fact that they exist. As such, they should be rounded up and put in camps.

Praise Jesus

#12     Oct 10, 2007
  3. Turok

Turok

ROFLAO! Nice!!

JB

#13     Oct 10, 2007
  4. My point is.....

If the claim that sexual preference is genetic - and I'm in agreement with that - then pedos can't be rehabbed....

It has nothing to do with the legal argument of"forcing" oneself upon another. It has to do with whether a person that injures kids should be let out. But the left's ideas seem to run that a pedo can be rehabilitated. They seem to think that with training, they can suppress a sexual preference that is determined at a genetic level.

To me that's nonsense.

#14     Oct 10, 2007
  5. Typical-

1- the thread is about gays
    2- I couldn't give a shit about gays, they harm no one
    3- there is a conflict when one says that gays sexual pref is determined at a genetic levl and can't be changed or suppressed and when one says that a pedos sexual preference CAN be suppressed.

Get with the program boss......

#15     Oct 10, 2007
  6. Turok

Turok

Haroki:
    >3- there is a conflict when one says that gays sexual
    >pref is determined at a genetic levl and can't be changed
    >or suppressed and when one says that a pedos sexual
    >preference CAN be suppressed.

Oh, on this I couldn't agree more. I think for the most part we are dealt with a particular hand from the start (and some modification factors from there).

I do think there is likely a small percentage living the gay lifestyle who do it for shock value for whatever reason. Likewise, there may be pedos that are just plain mean and do it for the power trip.

JB

#16     Oct 10, 2007
  7. jsl50a

jsl50a

1- The thread is about gays
    2- I will bring in a red herring about a population that may or may not overlap that of the original subject
    3- I will use as many vague pronoun references as possible and then criticize those that don't read my mind
    4- I will create a straw man and then tell others they need to get with the program...boss

Ahhh... another day on teh interwebs. A job well done.

#17     Oct 10, 2007
  8. The word "preference" contradicts the word "genetic". Either it's a preference or it's genetic, not both.

Gay's shouldn't be looked down upon, but the reason has nothing to do with genetics. They shouldn't be looked down upon because they are not inherently harmful to society.

First, whether pedophilia is genetic has absolutely nothing to do with whether homosexuality is genetic. I don't think there's much evidence for a genetic basis to pedophilia, whereas there is strong evidence for a genetic basis to homosexuality.

Second, pedophilia must be resolved (either by treating or incarcerating the pedophile) for the protection of society. That certainly is not true of homosexuality, so the one has nothing to do with the other.

I gotta agree with Turok -- that was too easy.

Martin

#18     Oct 10, 2007
  9. Quibble all you want with the word "preference", it doesn't make your argument any stronger.

Your whole argument hinges on your statement as fact (it isn't a fact, it's debated) that sexual preference and genetics are an either/or situation. You have no basis for the belief that they can't go hand in hand.

Then you go on to say that there is strong evidence for a genetic basis for homosexuality - which is a sexual preference.

Read my other posts, then comment. You misunderstood what I was trying to say - which is also my fault.

But again, my point is if sexual preference IS genetic, what makes anyone think that pedos can suppress that preference when gays can't suppress theirs? BTW, we agree on their incarceration, I just believe that due to how heinous a crime it is, they shouldn't be let out...

#19     Oct 11, 2007
  10. They overlap cuz the argument is whether or not sexual preference is genetic.

Your posts make me think that you're another of Ratboy's aliases....

#20     Oct 11, 2007