Deal Reached: Pipeline stays in bill

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 377OHMS, Dec 22, 2011.

1. 377OHMS

377OHMS

But the pipeline provision is in.

It forces Obama to make a decision on the Keystone XL pipeline instead of pushing it into 2013. He can't punt, he has to decide.

#11     Dec 22, 2011
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Odumbo isn't very good at decisions.

#12     Dec 22, 2011
  3. 377OHMS

377OHMS

lol yeah this is the guy who votes "Present" so just getting him to make a decision is epic.

#13     Dec 22, 2011
  4. Now you're slipping back into nonsense again. Really? The POTUS doesn't make decisions? Even if we disregard the odumbo playground name calling, the premise is just as childish.

And, I thought we were just starting to get along.

c

c how about two c's is that better?

#14     Dec 22, 2011
  5. pspr

pspr

You're right there. Remember when he kept putting off the troop surge decision in Afghanistan? Even the press thought the war would be over before he could decide what to do. Then he came up with his half-baked plan to try and please everyone.

If he can't wiggle out of deciding on the pipeline, expect him to decide against it and release the news on a Friday afternoon.

#15     Dec 23, 2011
  6. Max E.

Max E.

The keystone pipeline and many other arguments like that should be a winning issue as it creates jobs, with no cost, The problem is that the republicans are fighting a losing argument because of how wrecklessly irresponsible they were during the bush administration when it came to spending. It is tough to try to stand your ground on paying for tax cuts when you just spent a decade paying for nothing.

Sadly the new found republicans who want to pay for stuff will have no ground to stand on unless they allow the bush tax cuts to expire. The entire platform right now from the dems for every single thing they do is "well when did republicans pay for the bush tax cuts" so unless republicans let the bush tax cuts expire they will be demagogued to death on these issues repeatedly, and we will keep playing the game of "i dont have to pay for anything cause they didnt"

When i see the top dogs in the democratic party its always the exact same line they use to justify not having to pay for what they are doing, "republicans want to continue the bush tax cuts without paying for them" Wasserman Schultz is the queen bee when it comes to using this straw man.

If republicans are truly worried about the budget, they should allow the Bush tax cuts to expire, solely because it puts the ball back in their court, they can finally say it is an end to an era of over spending, and not paying for stuff and then democrats are forced to start paying for what they do, and they cant use the issue as a talking point from a purely partisan political standpoint. Until that happens you can bet your ass that democrats will go on T.V. with straw man arguments about how they should not have to pay for spending because the bush tax cuts were not paid for.

Otherwise we are simply stuck with two parties who are locked into their positions, who both have an excuse as to why they dont ever have to pay for anything and the entire country just keeps going down and down and down.

#16     Dec 23, 2011
  7. This has become the de-facto way of doing business nowadays. The NFL, NBA, debt ceiling, Eurozone crisis, etc, etc...It's all about playing up the "doomsday scenario", letting things fester for a few days or weeks and at the last minute coming up with the much awaited and overhyped "compromise".

#17     Dec 23, 2011
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

I realize you BO apologists aren't skilled at reading comprehension.
    So please, allow me to assist you.

I said he's NOT GOOD at decisions. NOT that he doesn't make decisions.
    BIG difference.

Don't be in such a hurry to defend your messiah, even when the position is indefensible. Just a suggestion.

L

#18     Dec 23, 2011
  9. "doomsday scenario"

I agree and I have a theory on how this developed. Women!..:cool: :D

Seiously, As women gained equality over the years, joined th workforce in politics, media and positions of power, everything is a histrionic nightmare, compounding this problem is the pussification of men.

Exhibit A: Head of Homeland security, Janet Napelono (unable to save her own ass if she had to run up a flight of stairs) has recently warned us on the dangers of cooking a turkey on Thanksgiving.

Exhibit B: When Chuck Norris's wife burned the turkey one Thanksgiving, Chuck said, "Don't worry about it honey," and went into his backyard. He came back five minutes later with a live turkey, ate it whole, and when he threw it up a few seconds later it was fully cooked and came with cranberry sauce. When his wife asked him how he had done it, he gave her a roundhouse kick to the face and said, "Never question Chuck Norris."

#19     Dec 23, 2011