Deal for New trader

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Purple Barney, Jul 4, 2007.

1. You get that by simply buying low and selling high or vice versa. Many stocks do that every day with big moves. Trading to capture pennies will fry your balls, your brain, and eventually your account. Is that what you want??

#41     Jul 4, 2007
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Edges are not learned, they are acquired. LOL. And they are very, very expensive to acquire. Skill can be learned. And again, one can make money WITHOUT an edge. But if you must trade a product with a high vig, you better get yourself some "edge". LOL.

#42     Jul 4, 2007
  3. ATTN MAV 74.... WHAT MARKET DO YOU TRADE & WHAT IS YOU STYLE , MAY I ASK? THANKS

#43     Jul 4, 2007

4. Ok, sorry if I misunderstood you. It sounded like you thought there is no money to be made in equities, since a school teacher would make more, and that the Zangers in the world are products of randomness.

When i said "edge", i meant the thing that makes a winning trader. I guess you meant commission/cost when you said edge. Misunderstanding. Sorry.

And again, I will be trading equities because I am familiar with it, I have traded equities retail for 9 years. But i think if you learn how to trade, you can trade anything, so in the end i'm sure i will be trading the products you suggested.

However, as long as good profitable equities traders are out there, and if they aren't a product of randomness but skill(which I believe), then trading equities CAN still be very profitable, even with the high vig, as long as you are good at it.

Now if you are talking about scalping then thats completely different, since that would be ALL about the "edge" you are talking about.

#44     Jul 4, 2007
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

You are still not listening to me. No where did I say edge was about commisions or cost. Am I really communicating that poorly?

Equity trading can be profitable. I would not go as far as to say "very" profitable. LOL. I would still be that the average teacher will probably earn more in his/her lifetime then you as an equity trader. I'm not saying this as an insult to you as I don't know you, I'm speaking in general terms. The equity game is dead. And I don't think I had one post on this thread concerning scalping. Are you sure you are reading my posts? LOL.

#45     Jul 4, 2007
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

It doesn't really matter what I trade. I'm not the oracle of ET. If you must know, I trade SIF's and cash index options. Sometimes I like to trade pork belly futures blindfolded. LOL.

#46     Jul 4, 2007
  7. How much BP do they give you?

#47     Jul 4, 2007
  8. Ok no where did you say edge was about commissions or cost? Well what in the world is this edge you are talking about then. Your whole point was equities was a bad choice because of the high vig. Thats not talking about cost?

Ok so equities trade CAN be profitable... but just not that profitable? I'm confused. I thought trading(any kind) was scalable. So if any trading can be profitable(at all) consistantly, it can be scaled up to yield larger profits. So if once i learn how to profitably trade 100 shares, why can't i do the same with 100,000? How can it be "dead" and profitable at the same time, given trading's scalable nature?

#48     Jul 4, 2007
  9. 15 to 20 :1

or "as much as you need" as long as you have a plan and not just gambling.

#49     Jul 4, 2007
  10. omfg purple barney - you hold up richard dennis and zanger as your heroes??? lol, didn't you hear - richard dennis blew up a fund and retired in shame. and as for zanger, he runs a vending service that i'm sure pays for his mortgage. and don't even try to argue with maverick - he runs a prop firm and probably has seen hundreds of traders come and go - he knows whats up probably better than 99% of folks on ET.

#50     Jul 4, 2007