Deal for New trader

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Purple Barney, Jul 4, 2007.

1. With all due respect to my trading bros Mav and Purple...
    I cant believe that I just read 25 pages of this circular nonsense. :) I sum it up as traders trying to protect their delicate egos. LOL

This whole argument could have been avoided if each person
    simply took the time to acknowledge the other persons personal definition of the word "edge" It all really boils down to this:

http://www.wordreference.com/definition/edge

What is your personal definition of the word "edge"?

All other things being equal...
    I completely agree with Purple Barney's definition ( implied or otherwise) of the word "edge" because I think that "ANY" competitive advantage one trader has over another trader is by definition THAT TRADERS EDGE OVER THE OTHER! Since when is SKILL not a competitive edge?

Mav states that you need an edge to beat this game but edge does not equal skill.
    If your advantage over another trader just so happens to be better trading skill then SO BE IT! Why place restrictions on the word "edge" by saying that an edge can't be learned because it implies that you can't win unless you have something you did not learn. Its the same as saying you can't beat this game by learning something or should I say learning it well but you can win it by acquiring something.

I think if one's skill is above the other trader then it will remain that traders personal edge until the other trader(s) surpasses that traders skill level. If you cant learn an edge ( as Mav states) then learning is not an act that makes you better than the other trader but acquiring is? and making money is the whole point of trading? Is it not? I guess I'm just wasting all my time learning about trading.

Lets assume that an edge cannot be learned but only acquired therefore skill is not an edge and if you use that definition of the word "edge" then you cant help but infer from that definition that the trader in the above example with more skill has no edge on the other trader and that they are therefore totally equal to each other (all other things equal)
    There is no logic in that my trading bros.

Question: How much volume do you have to trade in the QQQQ before liquidity starts to become a problem?
    Thanks in advance for the reply.

#151     Jul 10, 2007
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

I never said this. Goodnight.....

#152     Jul 10, 2007
  3. My apologies if I misquoted you in any way. To your credit, you did acknowledge that one does not need an edge to make money...though Im 100% certain that you said an edge can't be learned and it therefore implies that skill can never be an edge.

#153     Jul 10, 2007
  4. Diego11

Diego11

Could you be more specific!!
    Is WTS one of those places?

#154     Mar 16, 2008
  5. Diego11

Diego11

I am sure cramer still trades and ratigan white collar traders. Hell they are on tv talking about it.

#155     Mar 16, 2008