Dead fish handshakes from top fund managers??

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Sushi, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Sushi

Sushi

Why do top hedge fund managers have dead fish handshakes?? I would think succesful people should have firm shakes. Every top fund manager shakes your hand lime a dead fish. No strenght. Very weak. Why is this? Makes no sense. More sucessful they are the weaker the shake.

Can anyoneexplain????

2. interesting observation for a guy named after a dead slice of fish

:D :D :D :D

3. Sushi

Sushi

Cute! Yes. I know dead fish. It's very true. Their handshakes are creepy. Ted turner or trump shake firm. Soros jones shaw Simon baha. All have deadfish shakes. Oddest thing

4. It's because most of them are nerds.

5. I used to work with a guy who would give dead fish handshakes as a joke. Then he would break up laughing at your look because he was a pretty stocky dude.

6. Cutten

Cutten

Because nothing is more pathetic than a guy who tries to crush your hand in a handshake.

7. Not only that, a principle in kinesics is that crushing handshakes are a manifestation of low self-esteem.

The reason for my own dead fish handshake is that I fucking hate shaking hands to begin with... so why put any conviction or enthusiasm into something I wish I didn't have to do?

8. Personally, I find that Sales people have firm handshakes.

9. Because they are trying to get away from you as quickly as possible

:D

5yr

10. I read somewhere that Trump hated to shake hands. He admired the Japanese way of bowing.

#10     Apr 19, 2009