De Beers Profits Fall 99%: Says "Sales Have All But Vanished In Last 6 Months"

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Jul 24, 2009.

1. diamonds are so last year. inflation fears anyone? gold.

#11     Jul 26, 2009
  2. Diamonds are just another example of sheeple being led to slaughter.

A wise man once wrote "ya can't TELL people what to do, cuz they won't. But if you'll show them, over and over and over, eventually they'll do it. No matter what you want a society to do, show them in print and on TV, and eventually, they'll do it."

#12     Jul 26, 2009
  3. I read once an article that in the 60s in japan. or around that time. only 10% of marriages, rings were used.. Debeers came out with a systematic ad cammpaign and a few years later the % rose to 60

Also some years back. Debeers came out with non marriage. right hand ring campaign

http://www.allbusiness.com/marketing-advertising/marketing-advertising-agencies/6352983-1.html

BOTH are SCAMS... Cant believe it all these years for a piece of non essential non utility carbon.. a lump of coal can be used better ! . ha ha

but why is TIFFANY and BLUE NILE hitting recent 3 month highs.. I bet it is a short squeeze..in my opinion its the easiest money on the planet.. short the mickey out of them... ha ha....

#13     Jul 26, 2009
  4. ashatet

ashatet

I agree, but what I am saying is based on personal experience. Buy a diamond ring in India and it will cost you 5-10 times to buy that same ring in US. They will take it out very delicately out of the showcase and that is where the cost is, yes, for showing it to you delicately.

#14     Aug 1, 2009