DD-YM-Trader: A YM Trader Speaks

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Duref Mudgins, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Duref is great but like he said I welcome questions by others as well.

I am just one man, my views are my own, there are much better traders out there.

although its tempting to start assuming godhood here :D

#21     Sep 8, 2007
  2. Why YM?

#22     Sep 8, 2007
  3. Why not YM ???

You must trade something don't you. What is slightly cheaper doesn't matter to me. ES NQ hell even currency exchange I could trade the same way.

#23     Sep 8, 2007
  4. Sorry I missed your posts, DD-YM, but I see that Mr. BB was alert. I just awoke from an old man nap greased by a little Gloria, and when I saw that he had posted, my first groggy wildly associative thought was "Oh, Great! They have replaced the pork bellies pit with something more exotic!"

Your modesty does not surprise me a bit, though your politesse does, based on our PMs over the years. (You see, gentle readers, DD-YM has taken me under his wing and shared with me the deep profundity of his views about ET for some time now.)

But you confounded me again. I thought you were using YM for dancing around the size you put on with DD. So you use the DD for longer term positions?

Which brings me to my next Proustian Trading Questionnaire question: What is the typical period of your hold? Seconds? Minutes? Hours? Days?

And to an off-syllabus question. I had thought that trading for that private island was as easy as simply scaling up. Surely your post confounds the other dreamers among us as well. For example, if I traded by own net worth in NQ, let us modestly say, forty times a day, I would BE NQ, that much I understand, but with ES available, why isn't scaling up hugely hugely practical?

(P.S.: Please do not forget to remind me not to forget to remember to explore your relationship between trading and spirituality.)

#24     Sep 8, 2007
  5. If you would like . . . it would be my pleasure. On vacation right now though.

#25     Sep 8, 2007
  6. obviously scaling up is what successful traders do, but is there a limit. For example my trading is very very different from most who engage in this sport.

I risk 10% of my short term trading portfolio on a single trade. I am not joking here at all, The leverage I use would baffle most here on ET.

turning on a dime when one needs to becomes a problem,

I am in trade anywhere from 2 min to 1 hr

but my longer term speculation takes many days.

Because I risk 10 % on single trade my trading VASTLY outperforms most people, in fact to be completely honest, I have yet to meet someone who does faster return on portfolio

this is why I am sometimes a jerk on ET because people here really are stuck on some rules that make sense for majority but not for some others like me

#26     Sep 8, 2007
  7. I think it is also very important to mention aliens from Zeta Reticuli called the GRAYS

they really helped me in trading, and in spiritual growth

they come at night and after a sexual intercourse (with several of them)

I am shown what market prices will do for the next day

:D :D :D :D :D

sorry I couldn't resist

OK lets resume seriously (if that is even possible at this point)

#27     Sep 8, 2007
  8. but seriously though I think people lack imagination,

Imagination is important, its not just playful, imagination LEADS to inspiration

show me who here is quite grounded in reality and I'll show you a very dull person and possible a crappy trader

#28     Sep 8, 2007
  9. ProfLogic is a con artist. Before you consider him the inspiration for anything, spend time reading through these threads to better understand the man. For $50,000 ransom, he is willing to submit to independent testing...

http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49269&highlight=proflogic

http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=750646&highlight=proflogic#post750646

http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64001&highlight=proflogic

#29     Sep 8, 2007
  10. OMG! I am so sorry! I dream that I am a space invader from Zeta Reticuli! I did not know that was you! Human orifices are still so confusing to me. I still do not know the reproductive difference between the right nostril and the left! (If you know William Barton's work, you will appreciate that.)

OK, as usual your answers surprise. Let me return to the sillybus and ask this stock question: What is your general trading approach?

Not asking for proper-riotary specificks, just generalities. Like breakout, pullback/bounce to/from S/R, momo indicator, cyclical oscillator, blowout, wild-assed guess, WTF ever.

And please define risk. I have a major boner for "risk", because to me anything larger that three ticks is just plain stupid. So if three ticks would blow ten percent of your account....hello?...are you there...I'm sorry...I can't hear you...I'll have to call you back!

#30     Sep 8, 2007