dbphoenix Journal's

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Lucrum, May 15, 2008.

1. Baron

Baron ET Founder

You are absolutely right. What I meant to say was: threads that have not received a post in three years were pruned. So the pruning is based on the date of the last post, not the thread start date. That way, threads that are really good and continue to get periodic participation will remain in the system basically forever, while those that die out will be pruned after they've been left alone for 3 years.

#21     May 16, 2008
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Just a thought, but the threads I was asking about originally were closed. Therefore despite their value there cannot be any new posts to keep them "alive" and from getting pruned.

#22     May 16, 2008
  3. That means even my beloved Chronicles of Rennick... please Baron don't delete the old stuff. I've got grand kids getting near reading age. They might want to see what their Pappy was doing on the internet.

Rennick out:(

#23     May 16, 2008
  4. What about threads like Riskarb's journals that when you respond to the thread *a* moderator deletes the response to keep it from getting bumped for more discussion?

If you want an example I will show you what I mean.

Best threads on this whole damn site.

#24     May 17, 2008
  5. Your shit gets deleted because it sounds like it's coming from a frustrated 11 year old who hates the world and wants to blow up his school. In other words, it has no value. How many times do you need to be told that?

Stop whining and clean up your act if you want an iota of respect from the members and mods, and be thankful you haven't been banned yet.

Your welcome.

#25     May 18, 2008
  6. In the interests of improving the quality of ET, preserving the modernity of its analysis, and cunserving storage to archive the posts of ET's brilliant younger generation, I respectfully request that you forthwith delete all threads by me and my aliases. I am a dinosower, and my meatless bones should be allowed to molder.

#26     May 18, 2008
  7. Exactly...so there is real issue on Baron criteria to delete those closed threads.

#27     May 18, 2008
  8. What do i do to get "ALL" posts taken out under my 2 aliasis of bighog and batterup?

I am trading an account with someone and would like to leave the old posts in the past. Thats the way i am, in life there are times to clean out a closet or throw away old baggage before a new adventure.

Thks...DA HOGGIE

PS, retirement is right around the corner also, the ride was fun, next year after summer i will be smelling more roses, more seashores, more cocktails and enjoying the fruits of all the trades. Approx 18 months. .. :cool: :cool: :) :D

#28     May 18, 2008
  9. It appears as though you removed every attachment from Spydertrader's Futures thread which is only a year old and which many, many people appear to be using as a learning tool.

#29     May 18, 2008
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

The last 5 Forums could be deleted up to 1 year ago without problem, because they are either irrelevant to trading (politics) or just daily actualities (hook up,chit-chat). Thrown in Classifieds and Hardware and you have a bunch of extra space....

#30     May 19, 2008