dbFX quits

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by dunleggin, Apr 21, 2011.

1. fredenzhy

fredenzhy

Do I see a lawsuit coming? that's pretty low for lying till the end.

#21     Apr 22, 2011
  2. What if DBFX is just exiting to break their contract with FXCM....and will reenter the Forex market with their own proprietary stuff?..

I have no idea or info....but I have watched several instances like this...look at Lou Dobbs...he is now on Fox!

look at Phil Hendrie...he broke away from clear channel by causing THEM to breach his contract...

There are thousands of instances that could be cited where a company wants to break away from its contracts...Hey our municipalities here in the USA might go BK to get out of union contracts...

Anyways maybe DBfx wants to get out on their own...

ES

#22     Apr 22, 2011
  3. I lol'd.

#23     Apr 23, 2011
  4. DBFX gave fills upto $5m on their quotes, their margin of 2 pips probably did not cover their potential losses .I suspect they lost a load of money when market made big moves against them , and got no liquidity in the market.

Gain also lost a load of money in the past.

#24     Apr 23, 2011
  5. Deutsche Bank "losses" on margin of 2 pips? Are actually aware of how large investment banks are hedging their exposure?

#25     Apr 30, 2011

6. Interesting statement, Jason. So you (FXCM) lost the bidding process to GAIN? Ay, ay, ay. Your MAIN BUSINESS is FOREX and you are losing it to a compay which has lately been fined for engaging in abusive margin, liquidation and price slippage practices that benefited Gain to the detriment of its customers????????????

See the complain here

http://www.nfa.futures.org/basicnet/CaseDocument.aspx?seqnum=2461

and decision on the matter here

http://www.nfa.futures.org/basicnet/CaseDocument.aspx?seqnum=2622

This is REALLY cynical by Deutsche Bank DBFX to sell its customer base to such a company. Didn´t they perform any due dilligence on Gain Capital? I think, I have to write a little letter to Deutsche Bank´s CEO, Josef Ackermann! :mad:

#26     Apr 30, 2011
  7. like ackerman even acknowledges that dbfx is (or was) part of their business. this is a bucket shop which they have lent their "db" image to lure some newbies such as bearice, but everyone knows from the start that db didn't have much to do with it.

#27     Apr 30, 2011
  8. Jim Turley, Global Head of Currencies and Commodities at Deutsche Bank, said "When you trade with dbFX, you receive privileged access to the world's foreign exchange market. In the institutional space, through research, technology and liquidity provision, we have led the way for the market as a whole to grow. We believe that the entry of a mainstream bank to the online margin industry, will benefit all participants by deepening the use of FX as an asset class, and establishing best practice."

Deutsche Bank provides dbFX, white-label of FXCM shut down 13 May 2011 http://forexmagnates.com/dbfx-is-ex...-transfers-clients-to-gain-capital-forex-com/

#29     Jun 7, 2011