Daytrading with SIZE

Discussion in 'Trading' started by LelandC, Jun 11, 2002.

1. LelandC

LelandC

I thought it might be interesting to hear some stories and opinions on what you consider to be daytrading with size. What does it take to be a size trader? Taking 20,000 shares at a clip, does that classify? What type of stocks are size traders daytrading? Do they take their positions all at once or average in? Anyone with experience care to offer up an explanation???

2. peter77

peter77

If I have 5000 shares I can barely breathe.

I buy stocks in the $20-30 range.

3. lundy

lundy

try 5 or 6 hundred NQ eminis. makes you think a bit before you press the button.... ever lose or win 50k in less than the time it takes to read this sentence?

:eek:

4. PKJR

PKJR

Last time I looked at NQ they were not that liquid like ES..u could not put 500 contracts without taking at least 3-4 price levels..has anything changed?

5. bone

bone

I used to work for a guy who regularly took 200 lots in the S&P pit.

6. lundy

lundy

nq still illiquid.

thats alot for the big contract, bone.

7. its all bullsh*t talk to me. "hey, i trade with size"....it has nothing to do with the size of your genitals.

8. I thought Globex limited to number of contracts you could trade to alot less than a few hundred. Has this been changed? If you can in fact trade that kind of size, I would wonder why anyone would trade the full size contracts in the pit.

9. MarkHyman

MarkHyman Advanced Futures

There are some traders trading the mini's doing tremendous
    size. 10,000 to 12,000 per day using the TT platform.

10. I want 200,000 shares moved pal. Let me know if we're going to be part of it or I'm going to come down and eat your lunch.

#10     Jun 12, 2002