Daytrading With Moving Average Crossovers

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by larrybf, Mar 1, 2003.

1. Dragn

Dragn

Hi freealways,

Are you telling me to fit some MA's based on my visual sense?! How much is your visual representation on a chart reliable in trading?

I think MA's are tools and by itself isn't reliable. MA's can be used as a tool if you have a very strong indicator behind it. You have to think that there's truly no meaning behind MA's or crossovers other than numbers of x period changing. Is there any significance behind the number? Instead of telling me to stick some MA's on a chart I would like to know the significance behind this indicator that makes this indicator reliable. I know that it shows the general trend of the market.

I would not visually set parameter on MA's based on charts because you might be curve-fitting MA's based on what you see in the past. Market conditions change............ It's like optimizing your parameters based on what you see!!!!! Why don't you fit you favorite parameters 10 years ago and see if it works!!!!

Dragn

#21     Mar 2, 2003
  2. Leonardo was born the son of Guilielmo Bonacci, a wealthy merchant in Pisa about 1170. In Italian, "figlio" means "son" hence "figlio Bonacci" which was shortened though the years to Fibonacci. He was credited with the discovery of the numerical sequence and ratios. This is a lie. He sold his soul and was given the number 666 .......THE MOVING AVERAGE OF LIFE.

Everybody has been fooled with 1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21

These are not the numbers. I have made wealth beyond my wildest dreams using the correct MAcrossover

It is Satan himself who manipulates the stockmarket, you just need to follow the hooves and its all in the moving averages

#22     Mar 2, 2003
  3. Satan my ass. If you think Satan exists then you are a retard... :D

#23     Mar 2, 2003
  4. Where I play poker two sevens always beat three sixes.

freealways

#24     Mar 2, 2003
  5. Disciple, you obviously are trying to confuse the issue by trying to put people off from using the Fibonacci ratios.

With a master like yours how could we possibly trust you ?

freealways

#25     Mar 2, 2003

6. natas,

666 si eht rebmun fo nam. ton eht gnivom egareva fo efil.

#26     Mar 2, 2003
  7. See url of the trading system I have posted: it is based on 3 MAs: 6 10 and 16

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=14565

It will also show you that what is important is not tools but the FRAMEWORK for using the tools. I have repeated the term FRAMEWORK in many posts because I hope that perhaps after 100 repetitions you will memorize it :D

#27     Mar 2, 2003
  8. Trading moving average crossovers (after significant moves) in combination with meaningful bids and offers (NYSE stocks) are easy money! Just make sure to use stops in case you're wrong.

#28     Mar 2, 2003
  9. You fools. Why are you still blind to the workings of the dark one? The only way to use the MA X over is to wait for Satan Fibonacci simple MA.

Trust me

Bung these numbers into a full historical chart of the SP500, weekly simple MA. My Master helped me nail the bottom in 1982 (you know ..the start off THEE bullmarket)
    He helped me pick every major bottom ever since. I have made millions from his 'Magic'. I will enlighten you all my children. Let me lead you all and our greed will free the masses.

(Notice where it bounced from in October?.....Right...I WAS ON THE TRAIN ALL THE WAY UP TO RESISTANCE AT THE 37WMA)

#29     Mar 2, 2003
  10. try these numbers for your moving averages...

Something tells me you will receive more blessings than plagues.

Cheer,

kp

#30     Mar 2, 2003