Daytrading with 10K (How)?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Samson77, Nov 23, 2005.

1. bonds

bonds

If you're a pattern daytrader you'd have to put 25k into your account. I didnt have that kind of money so i had to go another route.

#11     Nov 23, 2005
  2. This site looked interesting.

Advertises 4-1 margin with a $2000 account. Must be offshore.

http://www.alldaytraders.com/

I have no experience whatsoever with these folks, so buyer beware.

#12     Nov 23, 2005
  3. That's Alliance Capital and I have an account with them already when I first started Daytrading 3 years ago BUT there commission rates are crazy so I would rather not use them.

Other then that, they where fine!

#13     Nov 23, 2005
  4. magicz

magicz

"swing" until u get 25K

#14     Nov 23, 2005
  5. It seems that alldaytraders.com uses the "white label" version of
    these guys...http://www.realfasttrader.com/p7.htm

but allow small timers to open an account with $2K

#15     Nov 24, 2005
  6. nkhoi

nkhoi

deposite one of those '0% until next year ' credit check to your account then link up your account to another account, after your trade transfer out the balance and when you ready for next trade transfer it back in then you won't feel like locking up .

#16     Nov 24, 2005
  7. You said you didn't want to overtrade your system. I believe you're allowed 5 trades a week with less than 25K. Why not for now, just take one really good setup each day. If after a month or two, you find that you're profitable, you can then figure something out to increase your account size.

#17     Nov 24, 2005
  8. If you have a truly profitable system, why not borrow on your credit cards (if you have any) and put the capital into a trading account.

Alternatively you could take a second mortgage out on your house (or double wide trailer) and fund your account that way.

Also, if you have a record of good performance at your day job, you might approach your employer and ask for a loan based on your future prospects. If for instance, you work at "McDonalds" and you have a track record there, you might ask them for a loan based on your ability to make dayshift manager at some point in the future.

You may want to consider selling your car (if you still have one) or other valuable items (like computers), or perhaps you could go down to your local blood bank and make donations, putting that money into a trading account. Based on the type of commentary you place here, you might also consider donating to a sperm bank. It seems to me that you would be uniquely suited to funding your account that way.

If your trailer park is near to a major University, you may want to look into volunteering to be the subject of medical tests or procedures.

As a last resort, you might advertise in certain publications overseas as a organ donor. I would bet that you could obtain a significant amount of money for a kidney, an eye or testicle.

I think I have covered all the options. I wish you good luck with your system. I am sure we will hear of your success in the near future.

Steve

#18     Nov 24, 2005
  9. ES ES Trade futures. As you should even if you have 25K

#19     Nov 24, 2005
  10. lescor

lescor

Which prop places expect this of you? None of the ones I've ever been with.

Put up your $10k with a retail llc, no licensing required, good intra-day leverage, there's lots of them out there. Usually restrictive on overnights, and you might pay some kind of monthly software fee.

I keep hearing of these prop firms that force you to churn and trade tons of volume, but I've yet to encounter one in the real world.

#20     Nov 24, 2005