Daytrading vs. fundamental analysis

Discussion in 'Trading' started by mrmarket, Jul 1, 2003.

1. The debate of technical vs. fundamental will go on forever. I think both camps have positives and negatives. Personally, I'm in the technical camp....However, I think the trump card in this entire debate is Risk Management. Without proper risk controls in place neither system will ultimately produce superior results.

#81     Jul 2, 2003
  2. Good day fellow ET bretheren....
    Im yawning because ive been taking naps all day....I love the days leading up to a holiday weekend....ANyway, I just had to see hpw everythihg was going and I think it's wonderful that despite my absence, Mr. Market is stilll irratating people, Inandlong is back ( thankd god) and is talkin to magna again....And my ol buddy Jack Hershey can write a 500 word essay that makes absolutley no sense!!:D

HOW MANY SHARES DO YOU TYPICALLY TRADE?

after all, holding 50- 100 shares of a losing stock is easy iof you downside ( assuming bankruptcy) is a grand or two right?

What is the biggest share position and what is the smallest share position you currently hold?

Happy and safe 4th holiday to all......and I truly believe MM is a decent gut having some fun.....One question that has elluded me though for quite some time though is this

#82     Jul 2, 2003
  3. gms

gms

Fair enough. Some of me didn't want to see it, but thanks anyway.

#83     Jul 2, 2003
  4. The music would be "Iron Man" by Black Sabbath. I have a videotape of their 10 best squash matches...most of them from the old AWA days when they were all juiced up on steroids.

and no...my biceps are not bigger than either Animal's or Hawk's (or Paul Ellering's for that matter). I speak the truth..always.

#84     Jul 2, 2003
  5. HOW MANY SHARES DO YOU TYPICALLY TRADE?

after all, holding 50- 100 shares of a losing stock is easy iof you downside ( assuming bankruptcy) is a grand or two right?

What is the biggest share position and what is the smallest share position you currently hold?

Happy and safe 4th holiday to all......and I truly believe MM is a decent gut having some fun.....One question that has elluded me though for quite some time though is this

:confused:

#85     Jul 3, 2003
  6. UTP

UTP

I must disagree with your assumptions.

As humans have the added factor of emotions, there is much more required than "learning a maze" to be a successful daytrader. Not to mention that the market's "maze" often contains unexpected changes.

I don't know about "brain power', but daytrading earns me about 300% a month, if all your "work" doing analysis and burning up brain power out performs that, and is worth all the time & energy it takes, then be my guest.

But I must admit I prefer measurable "income power" to something as intangible as "brain power".

#86     Jul 3, 2003
  7. That's fairly remarkable!

#87     Jul 3, 2003
  8. If I want to go to the supermarket I can take a bicycle. If I want to go to the beach I can take a camping car. I never oppose the two since they are different vehicules for different destinations. FA and TA are complementary. In fact I called my model Fundamental Model because it is a micro-economic model. But since it only uses historical datas it can be viewed as TA. So the idstinction between the two cannot be so obvious. Using ratios like Price Earning Ratio is just kind of TA also from statistical point of view.

#88     Jul 4, 2003
  9. IN2WIN

IN2WIN

I would like any info you may be able to share on your results.

I was unable to send you a PM, so sent email to utp4u@yahoo.com as in your profile but have not received any reply.

Thanks in advance
    PK

#89     Jul 7, 2003
  10. bubba7

bubba7

web updated the 15th

He can sell UTSI for 15% profit; 29 winners in a row
    One other stock is up from the 15th: AXL
    Nine others are falling.

10 holds: 1 up; 9 down.

holds over a year: 5 one is up
    holds over 4 weeks: 8 one is up
    holds over 6 weeks: 8 one is up
    holds under the 4 to 6 week time target: 2 both down.

Two money streams in cash for several weeks; no new buys.

#90     Jul 21, 2003