Daytrading vs. fundamental analysis

Discussion in 'Trading' started by mrmarket, Jul 1, 2003.

1. I like it...let's hear more!

#31     Jul 2, 2003
  2. vega

vega

I think that the reason that the majority of people here use TA of FA is the time frame. Most here (including myself) are looking for quick moves, in which case FA is not going to help you (unless you have deduced from your FA that corporate news in coming in the very near future). Anyway, they can both work, and I do look at both if I am actually going to INVEST in a stock for a longer time frame, but for short-term trading I could care less what the company does, just give me a juicy looking chart and I'm all over it !!

Vega

#32     Jul 2, 2003
  3. Trapper

Trapper

Great post Tacsian!

Best regards,

Trapper

#33     Jul 2, 2003
  4. +==============================
    MrMarket;

I prefer IBD type trading;
    includes fundamentals, includes daily ,
    Bill O'Neill however valued technicals [price+ charts] more.

Lots like mutual funds managers do well with fundamentals;
    and get paid on gross.

Generally technical traders do better [%];
    and get paid on net.:cool:

''Be diligent''-Solomon,trader king

#34     Jul 2, 2003
  5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Don't know who the "you" is that you're referring to, and it's true that traders and investors do not share the same perceptions.

But unless one is clutching the stock certificates on his deathbed, he's a trader, regardless of what he calls himself. Do some traders incorporate fundamentals into their activities? Of course. That's what CANSLIM is all about, even though one may use it for nothing more than narrowing down the universe of potential trading vehicles. Other traders use TA only, but use so many indicators that price is an irrelevancy. And most traders have never set foot on the Floor.

Even though I no longer incorporate fundamentals into my trading since I no longer trade stocks, I find a greater difference between me and somebody who scalps off tick charts than I do between me and the trader who has eyeballed those fundamentals.

#35     Jul 2, 2003

6. Another great post...the eloquence of the ET veterans is starting to shine through. Maybe I should be a moderator?

#36     Jul 2, 2003
  7. vega

vega

let's not get carried away !!!

#37     Jul 2, 2003
  8. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

As long as you continue to behave like a normal person, you'll get normal responses. Your comment above implies that you think I am now a fan. Believe me, I'm not. You have the same blind spot that Tom and David Gardner have, and I've been arguing that for nine years (actually, not so much any more). If I want to argue it further, I'll head to the MF site. I'm sure not going to do it here.

My post was directed toward the issue of whether one can incorporate fundamentals and still be a trader. If it stemmed from something you said at an earlier point, the link was purely coincidental.

#38     Jul 2, 2003
  9. I am normal...the only thing different about me is my amazing stock picking record and my enormous biceps.

#39     Jul 2, 2003
  10. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Still clueless.

#40     Jul 2, 2003