Daytrading vs. fundamental analysis

Discussion in 'Trading' started by mrmarket, Jul 1, 2003.

1. Seriously, has anyone ever done a study like that?

#11     Jul 1, 2003
  2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Oh, please.

#12     Jul 1, 2003
  3. lescor

lescor

How on earth does day trading have anything whatsoever to do with investing?

#13     Jul 1, 2003
  4. Yes...I think it was written up in the Wall Street Journal...no joke.

#14     Jul 1, 2003
  5. About 2 months ago, Jack Bogel of Vanguard said that over the past one year period, the index funds had outperformed better than 80% of the funds that were actively managed.

Face it, there are top performers in every endeavor. Many very well educated and sophisticated fund managers lost tons of money over the past 3 years.

Mrmarket wants to project superiority with his system, yet the most of the real winners don't have a need to do so.

Results almost always speak for themselves. When they don't you will find someone pumping themselves and their system as "the best."

#15     Jul 1, 2003
  6. Let's see:
    1) I'd rather be a rat that has figured out the maze and milks it day in and day out, than the herd of rams that rushes to work every morming and then back home in the afternoon.
    2) If financial analysts knew anything they would not be working, but be rich and retired. If a business model does not make money, you may as well use it to wipe you know what.

Bottom line stock market is the place where to make money, Academia is where to analyze yourself into oblivion.

#16     Jul 1, 2003
  7. there is difference between trawling for fish in a net and being on a stream fly fishing. You both catch fish, true but I prefer the latter method.

#17     Jul 1, 2003
  8. Then System Trading (not limited to technical but also fundamental systems) uses the most brain power developing one...

#18     Jul 1, 2003
  9. bubba7

bubba7

We know you don't have time to answer financial Q's because of of time constraints caused by your job. your wife and your 3 kids.

You went to work for a chemical company and you do a sararied thing there daily week after week year after year. money managers do otherwise as they share fruits of participation and a host of other perks. trophy wives is their alternative as well and it is glitz oriented. Do your kids go to public schools as a preference that you have for continuing your family's traditions? most money managers send their kids to private schools.

I was wondering if the capital in your more successful approach is greater than the money managers get paid torun.

I compared what the wizzards to as they roll along to your published results. you are not by any standard that I know of building muchy real wealth when you net it back to buying power and that kind of stuff.

A combine fundamentals (more sophisticated than yours) with TA and I also use maths too. You have a lot to do to produce any kewl results as I see it. don't use me as a standard; Im not in your league.

#19     Jul 1, 2003
  10. I would not argue that...it does involve creative and algorithmic thinking rather than mimicing and replicative thought.

#20     Jul 1, 2003